Proud owner of my first ever Z

14 hours ago, Redsky said:

I think my entire bank account just got up and left when i looked xD It complained enough when I had to replace my clutch >.> 

Sorry bud just saw that you replied! Many years of saving up I think haha. I've got plans for my Z in the future anyway, may be considering a 1JZ in about 3-5 years or so, so quite far into the future haha. I think for now though, I'll enjoy the NA scream from the engine! How come you had to replace your clutch? General wear and tear or something else?

3 hours ago, eroll_350z said:

Sorry bud just saw that you replied! Many years of saving up I think haha. I've got plans for my Z in the future anyway, may be considering a 1JZ in about 3-5 years or so, so quite far into the future haha. I think for now though, I'll enjoy the NA scream from the engine! How come you had to replace your clutch? General wear and tear or something else?

Slave cylinder decided it didnt want to hold fluid anymore xD I think a combination of 10 years old 70K miles and it did live by the sea for a bit, might have softened it up. Or maybe someone was a bit lead footed with the clutch. Its all fine now and to be honest I kind of like having my own new clutch makes me feel more attached to the car to be honest  :) Oh so a 1JZ rather than a 2JZ :p Going to get 1 part fans 1 part haters for that xD They are impressive engines but I think ill (unfortunately) have to sort myself a house and other adult (boring) bits before I can really have a go into the car. As much as i really want too.

On 9/1/2017 at 17:47, Redsky said:

Slave cylinder decided it didnt want to hold fluid anymore xD I think a combination of 10 years old 70K miles and it did live by the sea for a bit, might have softened it up. Or maybe someone was a bit lead footed with the clutch. Its all fine now and to be honest I kind of like having my own new clutch makes me feel more attached to the car to be honest  :) Oh so a 1JZ rather than a 2JZ :p Going to get 1 part fans 1 part haters for that xD They are impressive engines but I think ill (unfortunately) have to sort myself a house and other adult (boring) bits before I can really have a go into the car. As much as i really want too.

Hahaha could have been a bit of both eh? Good to hear it's all in working order now though! Yeah I know haha, bring it on haters B) I'm a 1JZ man, I just personally prefer the sound over a 2J, I was actually looking at buying a JZX90 Chaser a few months back but I needed to put my sensible head on haha, but a 1JZ in a 350, best of both worlds for me :thumbs:

34 minutes ago, eroll_350z said:

Hahaha could have been a bit of both eh? Good to hear it's all in working order now though! Yeah I know haha, bring it on haters B) I'm a 1JZ man, I just personally prefer the sound over a 2J, I was actually looking at buying a JZX90 Chaser a few months back but I needed to put my sensible head on haha, but a 1JZ in a 350, best of both worlds for me :thumbs:

Should be an interesting project either way :D Yeah it does tend to come down to peoples preference on noise for the JZ swaps from what ive seen anyway.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Redsky said:

Should be an interesting project either way :D Yeah it does tend to come down to peoples preference on noise for the JZ swaps from what ive seen anyway.

Yeah exactly, if the wallet can handle the purchase of one of them, then it will be done! Will keep everyone updated if it does happen!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 16:47, G1en@waxandshine said:

A belated hello. And a rare midnight blue

No problem, a very late reply haha! Do love the colour, one of the main things that attracted me to the car, already gotten a few compliments from people who see me getting in/out of the car. Soon to be lowered on Tein springs, will post pics when it happens!