New Cat Back Exhaust Needed, Best Place To Go?

JoeK

Hi Guys,

I have an 04 350z that's in dyer need of a new exhaust. full cat back as the flexi joint and center pipe is shot and blowing more than a cheap hooker!

I live in the midlands, outskirts of Birmingham but local to Hinckley and Coventry as well. Does anyone have some good recommendations for custom exhausts? I'm looking at £500.00 budget. I know its not a great budget for a decent exhaust but i want the best i can get for that money. I know people that have been to Tip Top Exhausts and said its been good but reviews online arent great. 

Any recommendations of local places to go please?

Thanks!

On 8/25/2017 at 18:43, davey_83 said:

Ive had a couple systems made up by Imy @ TorqueFlow in Birmingham and wouldn't hesitate to go back in the future. Very good price, designed and made as quiet or as loud as you want with lifetime warranty.

Thanks for this one, I gave him a call but i was quoted over £800.00 and i cant spend that money, not now i think the clutch will need doing soon.

I am contemplating buying and then i'll hire a ramp and fit it myself. Any idea's on suppliers? There are loads of stainless stuff from £99.00 on evil bay but its my first time buying a new exhaust. I know I wont get really decent for this money but i just want something that will last and wont sound half bad. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks again

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

There are loads of stainless stuff from £99.00 on evil bay but its my first time buying a new exhaust. I know I wont get really decent for this money but i just want something that will last and wont sound half bad. 

Whilst I can't comment on the specific stuff you've seen... I've had fancy exhausts on cars over the years, I've also had cheap stuff. Some of the cheap stuff I had took so many hours to fit I WISHED I had paid for the expensive stuff that just fit first time. I understand that budget is a big factor in your decision, but I would spend your budget and get something reputable like the Cobra system mentioned by Chris above rather than gambling on ebay stuff that might be ok, or might be junk...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarmac@TarmacSportz said:

One of our most popular systems is the Cobra, Ypipe back is £492

Got a 350z in now having one fitted 

Cheaper options are available but its the old saying, buy cheap buy twice

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/exhaust/exhaust-systems.html?cars=4

Give me a shout if I can help further

Chris

Thanks, I need the Y Pipe as well though so it comes out over £700.00 when you add that on.

Thanks though!

One of the good things about the 350z is that the stock exhaust sounds great. 

Give ZMANALEX a shout to see what he's got. The HR y pipe is much better than the DE and I know he had one a few weeks back. 

Id rather have a stock exhaust than a cheap aftermarket one. 

Best option imo if you're on a budget. Especially if your clutch is on its way out. 

Edited by Kev

5 hours ago, Kev said:

Just seen a used invidia Gemini on eBay for £400. 

Theyre popular on here. 

Item number 192289165966

Just seen this... BUY IT !!!!!

it's every thing you Want for cheap.. good fitment, reliable, y pipe included aswell.. and all the members that have it recommend it.

Don't see it as spending 400, see it as saving 500 lol

5 hours ago, Kev said:

Just seen a used invidia Gemini on eBay for £400. 

Theyre popular on here. 

Item number 192289165966

Thanks for this, looking into it! 

I've just been offered a stock pipe that's been sat in a mates garage for about 5 years as well, missing the y pipe but I can have it for free. 

• 5 months later...

I'm resurrecting this topic as during my last service and MOT I was told that the exhaust won't last another year on my 2008 350Z. I want to go stainless cat back, but some of the prices I am seeing are astronomical. I could probably source a Cobra for under my budget of £800, can any owners tell me: is it significantly louder than stock? I hate loud exhausts.

On 18/02/2018 at 11:39, ouro said:

I'm resurrecting this topic as during my last service and MOT I was told that the exhaust won't last another year on my 2008 350Z. I want to go stainless cat back, but some of the prices I am seeing are astronomical. I could probably source a Cobra for under my budget of £800, can any owners tell me: is it significantly louder than stock? I hate loud exhausts.

For a little more I’d consider a miltek as I believe there the closest to stock for a stainless system. 

http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=1

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got an Invidia Gemini from Funky Power for just over £900, sounds lovely but was a bugger to fit. I had to heat and bend one of the end pipes as it was very near to fouling the rear valance. Top tip: save skin on your knuckles & an afternoon of swearing, get someone else to fit it. That's my last, I had a nightmare replacing the exhaust on my daughters Aygo a few years ago and I wish I'd learned from that mistake. Actually, in fairness to Invidia it was getting the old one off that caused 99% of the grief, I can't fault the new one barring the minor bend needed.

Looks and sounds ace now.

Next project: uprated I.C.E. with reversing & dashcams if the weather ever improves.