Once a Zed owner always a Zed owner?

Tigerzed

Well it's just passed the 2nd anniversary of my beloved Zed being written off in a crash. I have to say that I often reminisce about the old girl! The burble of the engine the grunt of the exhaust, not to mention the excitement of choosing the next mod! Add to that the cameraderie of Zed drivers flashing the lights as they pass! Whilst driving through Snaith, a small town in North Yorkshire this evening on my way home from work, I saw a silver Zed approaching me so I turned down the volume on the stereo and listened as it passed, awesome!! The rest of the journey left me thinking about what a special and unique car the Zed is and what a privilege Zed ownership is! I occasionally look at the forum especially the build threads, even the forum is the best I've been on, much better than the current one I use. 

My question is are there any other ex Zed owners on here who think the same way??

would I have another Zed in the future ....... Hell yeah!! 

• Like 2

A strange one this, I've had a Z for just over three years now. For me to own a car for more than a year is rare so there must be something about them that appeals. 

I think the appeal for me is the fact it's the first car I've modified beyond just cosmetic stuff. The look of the car always appealed to me as did the noise it makes but the drive when standard wasn't up to my expectations at all. Don't get me wrong it felt better than the awful M3 that came before which is supposed to be a good car but coming from lighter more agile machines before that the Z didn't compare. 

Modifying has to me personally improved the car power wise and suspension wise to a point where the bulk is less apparent on quick direction changes, this has made it more confidence inspiring in the twisties :)

So after three years of ownership and finally getting it sorted will I be keeping it .... errrm no.

Yes I will miss the forecourt presence and that glance back at the pumps (a place most Z owners are very familiar with) , I will also miss the noise.

However as a driving purist the Z still falls short on outright driving fun and with the imminent arrival of a new company hack my dream of owning a proper sports car for weekends looms.

Would I own another, well if it was my only car for everyday use then yes, I've always liked the look of a 370 nismo :)

• Like 1

Zeezee what's your replacement going to be?

I agree with you about missing the zed. 5 years since I parted with mine. Since then had an R33 and MR2 as jap toys, a 325ci and a Lexus RC, all very different cars but none have the appeal of my old zed

Im now waiting on a G35 landing from Japan so I'll officially be back in the fold in October, can't wait

So for me, yes, once a zedder always a zedder.... kind of :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LRF4N said:

Zeezee what's your replacement going to be?

I agree with you about missing the zed. 5 years since I parted with mine. Since then had an R33 and MR2 as jap toys, a 325ci and a Lexus RC, all very different cars but none have the appeal of my old zed

Im now waiting on a G35 landing from Japan so I'll officially be back in the fold in October, can't wait

So for me, yes, once a zedder always a zedder.... kind of :lol: 

Haha don't laugh, company hack is a Golf diesel!!

However this means I can get an impractical weekender so I'm going for a Toyota engined Elise. I've always wanted one and toyed with getting an earlier K series car as it suits it well. However after driving a few Rs they won me over as they offer a similar drive to some of the vtec Honda cars I've owned and enjoyed over the years.

I've yet to try a supercharged but an S2 exige may also be a contender.

The Z will always hold a place for me as a great all rounder though and on the right day is a great car to drive.

Nah, as much as I loved my Zed and enjoyed the time I had with it, would I get another  . . prob not, certainly not a 350z or a 370z

I think there are better cars out there for the money . .  well certainly on this side of the world :p

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zeezeebaba said:

A strange one this, I've had a Z for just over three years now. For me to own a car for more than a year is rare so there must be something about them that appeals. 

I think the appeal for me is the fact it's the first car I've modified beyond just cosmetic stuff. The look of the car always appealed to me as did the noise it makes but the drive when standard wasn't up to my expectations at all. Don't get me wrong it felt better than the awful M3 that came before which is supposed to be a good car but coming from lighter more agile machines before that the Z didn't compare. 

Modifying has to me personally improved the car power wise and suspension wise to a point where the bulk is less apparent on quick direction changes, this has made it more confidence inspiring in the twisties :)

So after three years of ownership and finally getting it sorted will I be keeping it .... errrm no.

Yes I will miss the forecourt presence and that glance back at the pumps (a place most Z owners are very familiar with) , I will also miss the noise.

However as a driving purist the Z still falls short on outright driving fun and with the imminent arrival of a new company hack my dream of owning a proper sports car for weekends looms.

Would I own another, well if it was my only car for everyday use then yes, I've always liked the look of a 370 nismo :)

I've got an m3 now and in fairness I genuinely like it however I don't love it like I did my Zed. A few of my colleagues at work have Exiges and swear by them. Great cars 

• Like 1

I still miss mine.

My missus was laughing at me the other day because i wound the window down just to hear one come by on the opposite side of the road. 

Probably wont buy another one unless 370 Nismo's drop a lot of value but i cant see that happening anytime soon if at all.

• Like 1

Hmm.... it (mines), is noisey, its crashy, the front suspension is replaced almost yearly lol, it eats tyres, eats fuel, its terrible in traffic, the clutch can be akward, the HR does tht 1k rev jerk thing, its now one proper dinosaur considering quicker things these days are more fuel efficient, cheaper to tax and run... yet I still go out most weekends and wash the hell out of it and love driving it. When its going...it goes and feels great even compared to some more expensive stuff I've tried..especially steering feel. I just wish it was a bit less... led fisted if you know what I mean, yet thats prob part of its character and appeal. I also love when its cleaned right up with its golden calipers etc it still stands out it looks different and not a 2 door version of a 4 door something or other. It will however be replaced with something faster and with paddles... but itll stay for a few year yet...hopefully.  

Edited by AMT

I think if we lost ours we would definitely both miss it. When the Mrs had our previous Zed written off there was nothing else she wanted to replace it with but another one, and after 5 years it still puts a smile on both our faces whenever we drive it. At some point it duties as daily driver will no doubt be finished but I don't think we will sell it for a very long time barring some catastrophic failure. In a time of flappy paddles, turbos and electronic steering the Zed will always offer an interesting and enjoyable drive for me :)

Edited by hawker1986