Anyone running the Toyosport pipe? And with knowledge of the Scorpion?

Qirex

Apologies for repeating any old threads, but there's not much here coming back with a Toyosport search.

I'm considering a new pipe, primarily because the OE system is rotten. I've had to butcher it off to get the floor waxoyled and the clutch changed. It's together, but the flanges are chiselled and stuff.

I would prefer to replace with stainless, much of the OE seems to be mild or stain resistant, for longevity and ease of work. However, I don't want loud, I like to press on a bit and I want to keep a low profile while I'm pushing it.

I've read the scorpion pipe isn't too hectic, anyone know how the Toyosport compares? I have some Toyo parts on a mk3 MR2 and they went on well, so I'm tempted by their exhaust.

Otherwise, might go for OE with a lot of marine grade fixings...

The Toyosports exhaust is a Japspeed K2. It's kind of metallic sounding, but not particularly loud compared to other options. Louder than OEM, of course, and probably the Scorpion. Good luck with fitting it, though, some have been fine, others have needed a bit of work, al thought recently there hasn't been too many complaints.

• Like 1

Excellent, cheers guys. Managed to find a couple of threads here through google instead of the search function which echo the above. Seems the K2 and the TS are similar to the Nismo in layout.

I'll check out those clips too, it's a little tricky to judge loudness, phone mics tend to be self levelling, but the tone might be useful.

I think this is a case of buying right, I like the slip joints on the scorpion setup, makes assembly loads quicker.

I'll keep an eye on the Marketplace forum...

Both the toyosports and K2 have rolled inner tips on there tailpipes, which can cause issues with resonance and them rattling. I had my K2 tips welded as the rattling was annoying as hell. Was fine after though.

Then I went full retard and got the K1, half of West Sussex can hear me now :D

The exhaust is actually good but the y pipe flexi's are cap and will go within 2 -3 years. I've got one on my Zed,  but it's been bastardised over the last years with a resonator delete, Stillen Y pipe and Japspeed decats 

Went for a Scorpion.

Found a deal on eBay, so snapped it up. Glad the rotten old box can be binned, it's coughing out chunks of perforated sheet.

Y pipe might come later, it's pretty much permanently fixed to the cats, so I'll leave it for when I've got the right level of masochism for it.