Tablet installation build thread...(Brainiac)

SmoggyPauly

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

Looks like a nice clean install. :thumbs: I notice the phone symbol, how or what did you use to run hands free on a tablet?

The phone symbol is part of the AutoMate app - I don't actually use it to be honest as I never take calls in the car...or rather no one likes me enough to ever ring me! :lol:
I think it is possible via the software though - anyone with an Android phone or tablet can download it and have a play to see how it works - think you may need to have a tablet that takes a sim card but not entirely sure - clicking on the icon does open a dialer...
I may explore this further but currently low on the list of priorities.

9 hours ago, ZeppoJeff said:

Looks cool...can’t wait to get mine started now. Just got it all sitting in the spare room waiting to go in with a full audio install.

Good luck with it all - would love to see some pictures etc when you get started :thumbs:

One thing that can be problematic is the lack of access to hardware buttons. This has reared itself a couple of times so far:

•  I accidentally left an app open and drained the battery over a weekend. It charged back up ok once driving again but of course, without access to the hardware buttons, I couldn't boot it back up and had to remove it to restart.
  •  My tablet froze. Again, I had to remove to restart.
  •  Just this morning, my tablet has decided not to recognise the memory card that stores all my music. A restart might help but again, I need to remove it to check.

Because of this, I'm thinking of a possible mod that involves drilling a small hole in the side that I can insert a thin rod into that lines up exactly with the on/off button. I could somehow spring load this and size it so it fits the hole perfectly and stands just proud so it could be reset/turned on at any time.

All these issues are worth it though in my eyes - love the look of it and gives the Z a little something different :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

Hi.I instaled samsung tab s3. I have couple of questions for you guys. We have the option of listening radio music on tabs with earphones?

What do you think If I install 1din player w/o cd behind my tab ,can I control the player via tab ? I saw pioneer arc app. I dont listen to radio fm but i am looking to connect my steering controls. Is it possible to connect direct to tab?

IMG-20171030-WA0012.jpeg

20180228_074920.jpg

20180302_122726.jpg

IMG-20180330-WA0029.jpg

20180407_174834.jpg

20180428_211625.jpg

20180428_211614.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 13:43, mrle said:

Hi.I instaled samsung tab s3. I have couple of questions for you guys. We have the option of listening radio music on tabs with earphones?

What do you think If I install 1din player w/o cd behind my tab ,can I control the player via tab ? I saw pioneer arc app. I dont listen to radio fm but i am looking to connect my steering controls. Is it possible to connect direct to tab?

Hi, yes it should be possible, check here. It should be also possible to make FM working.

BTW: nicely done! I am also thinking about something like that, the Brainiac is too expensive and this looks is much cleaner, I have 3D carbon wrap that I would like to use instead of paint. I was also thinking about 12" tablet, it seems you still have some room, so I guess it would fit, what do you think? 

I dont like brainiac tab mount because you can not take out the tab. In my case slide up , push the upper part inside and its out. If you go with 12" then measure it from all sites. I think its too big. You will lose the shapes of oem plastic. My first idea was to run gauges on the tab. My car is a fully build tt so i needed to see things like oil temp...now I have the haltech ecu. A friend of mine has made custom gauges that will replace the oem. Its connected to haltech via hub and every display has many mods. Ill post some pics.

IMG-20180528-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20180519-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20180522-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20180606-WA0006.jpg

Edited by mrle
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...