Any difference between the DE and HR mid pipe and back box exhausts?

arif_manji

Hi guys,

My Zed's (2009 HR model) joining between the mid pipe and back box is blowing. I'm looking to buy replacement, Genuine part even if second hand. Does anyone know if the DE and HR model are the same please?

Any help will be appreciated - also if you know any going in decent condition.

Cheers

Edited by arif_manji

16 hours ago, Jack94 said:

Not sure if this is any help but I recently had a similar problem (the weld on the back box flange had completely rotted through) and someone on here pointed me in the direction of this-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321860054433

Completely solved the problem for a very small price :D

Thanks mate, that's a good shout as the back box and mid pipe is in such great nick apart from the flange.

13 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

The DE and HR exhausts are interchangeable only the cats differ between the two. 

Thanks mate, that help's looking for a replacement if I decide to go that way.

I got the jack out yesterday, this is what I found. Do you guys think its worth me also replacing the mid pipe too? It doesn't look that great either.

I also saw that the earth strap on the centre pipe has broken off, Nissan want £20.99 for it. Its inc in the price below.

I called Nissan Nismo in Cambridge, they quoted me £902.69 fitted for both pipes or £674.23 just the parts below.

- Back box Muffler £361.63

- Mid Centre Pipe £241.55

- Gasket Between Rear Box and Centre Pipe £18.46

- Fitting Nuts x 4 £9.88

- Gasket Between centre pipe and Y pipe £ 21.72

- Earth Strap £20.99

Labour to fit £228.46 (bit of a joke I thought?)

Thoughts? Could I get it anywhere cheaper?

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

Edited by arif_manji

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:05, glrnet said:

A bit of a joke is an understatement!!!!  You could do worse than taking a day off and getting yourself over Mitz at CS to get this sorted. Traders on here and based in Leicester.

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:39, jumping350 said:

as stated above see one of traders on here, Nissan are ridiculous and it will only rust again later, you wont be disappointed with an upgrade for much less than paying over the odds for what you already have 

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:49, SHEZZA said:

Exactly what graham had said. You could get a nice cobra or scorpion stainless steel exhaust system for half of what Nissan want ! That's what I'd do, so Get yourself over to the cougarstore 

Thanks for the advise guys, much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:46, zed4life said:

i have a stock exhaust system from  my 2008 hr with only 45k miles on it .pm if interested

Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply but I have since then bought them from Nissan and fitted it.

Cheers

Admin: please lock wanted requested, parts now sourced - cheers.