Nothing from police for 2 weeks

jimboy2

Wonder if someone can help. 

I was pulled over over for speeding 2 weeks ago today. Was given the yellow ticket and told to wait for the paperwork to come through. 

Nothing has come through yet. Is it up to me to chase it? the officer told me after two weeks to ring a number and chase but it doesn't state that on the back of the ticket. 

I don't want to  miss out on the chance of speed awareness course. 

They have 6 months to lay the info before the courts, so a little while to wait yet. You won't time out of the speed awareness, so don't worry about that.

It's not down to you to chase them, so don't be doing that either on the basis they might actually never send you anything further. What was the speed limit, and what were you doing when stopped?

They said it was an average of 39... in the video you couldn't see my car. They pulled 2 of us over. He assumed if I was going slower the other car would go into the back of me. I felt pushed into a corner by 2 officers so took it on the chin. Probably not the right thing to do. 

Was wondering if the video had been looked at again and they realised the couldn't see me? 

So 39 in a 30 I presume?

Video irrelevant really, the law only requires the opinion of a police officer that you were exceeding the speed limit. FWIW I'd have stopped too, grovelled and hoped for the best. Did they actually give you a verbal NIP? Tbh I'd carry on with life and not worry about it, what will be will be. Doing 40 in a 30 is a bit silly though matey, no issues with people exceeding the limit on NSL roads (conditions permitting etc) but very rarely do you get 30 limits that aren't there for a very good reason.

Nag over ;)

They can take their time sometimes. I remember getting pulled over by a policeman once years ago. It was his word against mine that I was speeding and there was no video evidence at all. He said he was going to prosecute me and took my details. I heard nothing for absolutely months, then out of the blue got a call from him. He had written my drivers license number down incorrectly and wanted me to give him it again which I did. Shortly after then I got the letter through from the police offering me points or court.

Typically these days for 39 in a 30 you will be offered the speed awareness course.

Back in the old days when you used to just show your license & paper bit to hire companies and they couldnt check online, my "friend" actually had 2 licenses. One which showed 3 points and another with 11 on it. Now hire companies etc ring up DVLA and with your authorisation DVLA let them know what you have.