Ultra Racing interior brace - more rigidity or just plain bling?

rasco

spotted an Ultra Racing interior brace for sale on tarmac sportz. Looks very pretty (which, lets face it, is enough to want to buy it) but has anyone actually fitted one and if so, is it just eye candy or is it actually useful?

I have aftermarket seats but not planning to fit a harness bar or anything there....

I fitted one not that long ago. I'm yet to feel the benefit but to be honest i bought it because you can see it through the rear window

not because i expected it to do anything. One thing to note that it doesn't show on any images, anywhere. It's a two piece design that screws together in the center of the cross bar, could be a deal breaker for some. Also if you do get one, fit it on a cool day. It's a frustrating bit of kit to fit,

you'll get angry, you'll shout you'll swear and if you've got sweat pouring down you're noggin at 2 litre's a minute due to a baking hot cabbin it's likely to tempt you to take your own life.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Chubby Ninja said:

That's pretty cool @Hayd350 so does that double up as a harness bar? I've already got a harness bar I'm just curious

errr it's sold as an interior brace and to be honest with a central screw fixing I'm not sure I'd want to wrap a harness round it, in a high impact collision it's a potential weak spot i'd guess.

I've not delved too deep into suitable harness mounting but my knowledge would suggest it's not suitable no.

• Like 1