MOT pass.

mr v6

A few weeks early on the MOT as I like to get it done in good time. I've always worried about the emissions as in previous cars I've run decats. Att'd is a printout of the emisions test. He pointed out I needed to replace the n/s/f droplink, this was confirmed as there's been a knocking noise for a while now. Also pads all round in the near future, but I have replacements at home so no issues there, as long as non of the pistons give me trouble. He did recommend wire brushing the rear end down & putting some Waxoyl on it, which I'll do of course. Just glad it passed without any major issues.

If there's anyone in the Manchester area looking for a 'friendly' tester, I've been to him before, as have other people, they're a good place to deal with. He did ask if it was decatted, that way he knew how to go about it lol.

Edited by mr v6
Requested by users.

Dude, you've openly said that he's a 'friendly' tester who knows how to go about getting a decat car to pass, when it clearly cannot ever pass regardless of emission outputs. Don't get me wrong, we all know a guy and it's very handy and I don't give a hoot if a car passes emissions or not, but neither would I do someone who's risking their livelihood a disservice by openly telling the world who they are! If you cannot see why that might possibly not be a good thing to share, then you're beyond help.

Just remove the picture, or at least redact it ffs.

• Like 2

Should see the MOT result the previous owner got for mine. managed to get a pass with no advisories with a snapped W brace entirely rusted underside and my front two tyres being near illegal. not to mention CO and HC of 0 and a lambda of 1.0 -.- couldnt have at least made an effort to fake it a bit better.

No probs guys, I've removed the pic. It was a totally above board emissions test on my car with the factory cats still in place, I'm not totally sure why there's an issue with the results being posted. They're just a fair place I've used for years for all sorts or repairs etc:).

15 hours ago, mr v6 said:

A few weeks early on the MOT as I like to get it done in good time. I've always worried about the emissions as in previous cars I've run decats. Att'd is a printout of the emisions test. He pointed out I needed to replace the n/s/f droplink, this was confirmed as there's been a knocking noise for a while now. Also pads all round in the near future, but I have replacements at home so no issues there, as long as non of the pistons give me trouble. He did recommend wire brushing the rear end down & putting some Waxoyl on it, which I'll do of course. Just glad it passed without any major issues.

If there's anyone in the Manchester area looking for a 'friendly' tester, I've been to him before, as have other people, they're a good place to deal with. He did ask if it was decatted, that way he knew how to go about it lol.

Just read the last line with an open mind, it leaves things open to much interpretation. 

The posts above are just trying to keep you and the garage out of trouble, not an attack. Hope this helps fella. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mr v6 said:

No probs guys, I've removed the pic. It was a totally above board emissions test on my car with the factory cats still in place, I'm not totally sure why there's an issue with the results being posted. They're just a fair place I've used for years for all sorts or repairs etc:).

Without his address on, it would've been fine.