Cavity Wax

Colin747

Not aware of any guide. I had a bit of rust on my rear wheel arches and had it cut out. The guy that did the work flooded the arches with wax oil during th work.

The only way I could imagine it being possible would be to drill a hole on the inside of the boot to allow access to the wheel arches and spray the wax oil in then plug up the hole.

The only reason I ask is when I was getting work done at a bodyshop they seemed to be under the impression that if you strip the boot out there would be some sort of access there which you could spray the waxoil through, but looking at this photo of a stripped boot I can't figure out if there actually is.

431299d1501884683-stripped-the-rear-boot

Id pop them out, there are a few additional holes you can attack from. I'd probably just remove the lights to start, there are some holes the locating pegs go in, remove the little bungs and fire it in there.

These are not 100% for getting waxoil down all the way, but better than randomly drilling holes everywhere. That could lead to more issues than what you are trying to prevent if im honest.

• Like 1