Spacers are on!

Foxy Bingo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Panoz33 said:

Hi buddy. I know the post is almost a year old but I'm thinking of buying the same spacers. Any feedback after a year on the car would be much appreciated

Thanks

I have same combination 20mm front 25mm rear for just over 3 years now. Car felt a little bit more planted to the ground but that might be a placebo, no issues at all. I got them from Tarmac Sportz who is a trader in this forum.

1 hour ago, Panoz33 said:

Hi buddy. I know the post is almost a year old but I'm thinking of buying the same spacers. Any feedback after a year on the car would be much appreciated

Thanks

Hi Mate I run 20 mm at the back and 15mm front on my HR wiith no issues for over a year now :teeth:

Hi guys. Thanks for the info and the quick reply.

I have decided now to go with this set up myself 20mm front and 25mm back. I have one last question though. Is the stock wheel studs too long for the 20mm at the front? Worth mentioning that I have the stock GT wheels. Do I need to modify anything in order to fit this set up or just bolt on and ready to go?

Cheers :thumbs:

2 hours ago, Panoz33 said:

Hi guys. Thanks for the info and the quick reply.

I have decided now to go with this set up myself 20mm front and 25mm back. I have one last question though. Is the stock wheel studs too long for the 20mm at the front? Worth mentioning that I have the stock GT wheels. Do I need to modify anything in order to fit this set up or just bolt on and ready to go?

Cheers :thumbs:

both front and rear are same, you'll need to bolt them onto your current wheel studs. Stock studs aren't long enough for proper thread engagement (or it might not even reach the nuts. For front, you'll need to remove 1 bolt (about 1 inch long) from your disc hub on each wheel. They are there as 'fail safe' to stop you from putting rear wheels into the front wheel (Touring wheels or Rays). You'll see what i meant after removing the front wheels.

Few pics on in built thread (link in my signature below) in page 1 or here if you are on mobile -->

Edited by veeg33

@veeg33 appreciate your help man. Really good guide and helpful with the pictures.

When I said if the stock studs are too long I didn't mean to use them to tighten the wheel and the spacers. (hope it makes sense what I'm saying lol) What I meant is that once you bolt the spacer into the hub then the stock studs are a little bit longer than the spacer itself. I've noticed that at your pictures as well. Now I'm guessing the stock wheels have holes and that doesn't matter as you and all the other guys fitted them without having to save the studs.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much trying to explain what I mean lol :wacko:

Thanks for the tip about the bolt for the fronts as well :thumbs:

57 minutes ago, Panoz33 said:

@veeg33 appreciate your help man. Really good guide and helpful with the pictures.

When I said if the stock studs are too long I didn't mean to use them to tighten the wheel and the spacers. (hope it makes sense what I'm saying lol) What I meant is that once you bolt the spacer into the hub then the stock studs are a little bit longer than the spacer itself. I've noticed that at your pictures as well. Now I'm guessing the stock wheels have holes and that doesn't matter as you and all the other guys fitted them without having to save the studs.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much trying to explain what I mean lol :wacko:

Thanks for the tip about the bolt for the fronts as well :thumbs:

Ah, i see what you mean. No issues with the 5mm less on a 20mm spacer. Doesn't have to shorten the stock studs.....all fits nicely, just bolt on and off you go =)

Yeah, that 1 inch bolt is there for fail safe, not to hold the disc as mentioned in my thread as I've found out after the post why they put an extra bolt there.

Edited by veeg33

• 3 weeks later...