350z aftermarket Engine Strut braces

Olly350z

Im assuming that this is the right sub forum as technically its part of the suspension however mods do feel free to move if I've made a booboo! 

Bob at the Z shed fitted my blox half inch plenum spacer on Saturday and as predicted its now meant that the plenum fowls the OEM strut brace, considerably! I know that there are aftermarket alternatives out there but can anyone point me to one that guarantees to clear the plenum? 

Ive looked into spacing the OEM one today with washers but it looks so tacky and I dont feel its safe considering the stresses that will go through it. All I know for definite is I need a strut bar back as driving without one there is horrible! 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine didnt come with any spacers for the strut brace :/ Im still looking for a solution to this as its noticeable driving around with out it on :(

Do you have a link to anything similar KyleR or? Im sure I remember Bob saying someone on here used to make a spacer 

I've not dealt with the 1/2" spacer, and I'm not sure if you can raise the strut brace enough without then the brace hitting the bonnet.  I'm sure with 1/2" spacers you need a completely different design strut brace, one that comes forward of the plenum, rather than over.

Example https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-350z-strut-tower-brace-p-10358.html

Unless you're boosted a 1/2" spacer is no better than a 5/8 spacer.

4 hours ago, scobie140 said:

How thick and what size I/D are you needing? I might be able to help

Factory strut brace bolt size dude. But I did have a go at spacing it myself and was not happy in the slightest with how it looked, nor its actual strength. :(

3 hours ago, Wasso said:

I've not dealt with the 1/2" spacer, and I'm not sure if you can raise the strut brace enough without then the brace hitting the bonnet.  I'm sure with 1/2" spacers you need a completely different design strut brace, one that comes forward of the plenum, rather than over.

Example https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-350z-strut-tower-brace-p-10358.html

Unless you're boosted a 1/2" spacer is no better than a 5/8 spacer.

Now that looks like the ticket! Funny I searched all the vendors and never saw that! In regards to the spacer, I know chap. Bought it in my early Z days when I didnt know much about anything. Do regret buying it but its going to serve its purpose, lesson learnt for the future :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

Factory strut brace bolt size dude. But I did have a go at spacing it myself and was not happy in the slightest with how it looked, nor its actual strength. :(

No problem, drop me a pm if you change your mind