I need tyre help.

awlp

I'm being pathetic I know, but after searching long and hard, I can't seem to find anywhere that does what I need or matches, or makes sense, as I've been looking at a million websites for a million hours and now my brain has gone to mush.

Rears 275/35/19 and fronts 245/40/19 or 245/35/19 if I go with MPS4S

MPS4S - fronts only in 245/35/19, is anyone else running this? £920 seem about right price wise?

MPSS, can't seem to find anywhere that does both the fronts and the backs at the same time.

RE050A's there's about different compounds 96y, 94y etc etc and they're just confusing me.

If somebody could point me in the right direction, to either MPSS or MPS4S, fully fitted, at the same time from the same place, and what sizes, I'd be forever in your debt, and if we ever shall meet, I'll provide a beer.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Asda Tyres, for Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 245/40R19 94Y and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 275/35R19 96Y is £679.45. I've never had a problem with the Bridgestones, and don't exactly drive the car on its limits. Would they be the right ones?

Edited by awlp
Update
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well I'm in the same boat 

Disappointingly the PS4do not come in the 245 40 19 variety which our cars came with from the factory 

I would rather stick with the 40 front profile than drop to the 35 , Ive contacted Michelin and there is no plans to have the 4S in this profile

This leaves the super sports which I'm told there is no plans to discontinue any time soon 

The sizes they recommend are as follows - 

245 40 ZR 19 98 (Y) RF PILOT SUPER SPORT EXTRA LOAD 111628
275 35 ZR 19 100 (Y) RF PILOT SUPER SPORT EXTRA LOAD 782261

I believe our cars came from the factory with Bridgestones in the following flavors - 

245 / 40 R19 94 W

275 / 35 R19 96 W

You should have no problems finding these bridgestones from Camskill 

I think i'm going for the supersports as they appear to perform better than the Bridgestones ? would I notice the difference ?!

Can anyone advise any issues with going to a XL tyre and increasing the load index ?

Edited by 370Nut

MPSS are better than the 050As, definitely. The MPSS will 100% be discontinued soon, indeed in non-OEM sizes they already have been, but I wouldn't worry too much about that for now.

No issues with moving to XL loads at all: You'd be hard pressed to notice any difference (I can't, and that's even knowing that they're XL!).

I have had both mpss and potenza i hate the bridgestone and i am about ready to change 

what i do find interesting is mpss have gone up a lot in price since my last set at £800:wacko:

The mpss are a far better tyre over the bridgstone! wet and dry conditions i felt