Rota Centre Caps - Tabs Snapping

jamiebridge

Has anyone else had this problem, one of mine popped off when washing the car last week, i tried to reattach it and 3 of the 6 tabs snapped clean off.

I ordered a new one and just tried to attach it.. and again one of the tabs snapped.. What am i doing wrong?! Will start to haemorrhage money soon on these at £14 for a bit of plastic.

Anyone had this experience? Should i try taking the wheel off and fitting it that way?

I'm running spacers, so that could be the problem when fitting them whilst the wheel is on the car?

Try sitting them in a bowl of boiling water from the kettle for 5min before fitting them, depending on what plastic they are made from it might soften them a bit to make them less brittle when fitting. Make sure that where they are being fitted is spotless with no rough or corroded surfaces that could affect the fit. Worth a try

5 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

Try sitting them in a bowl of boiling water from the kettle for 5min before fitting them, depending on what plastic they are made from it might soften them a bit to make them less brittle when fitting. Make sure that where they are being fitted is spotless with no rough or corroded surfaces that could affect the fit. Worth a try

Thanks scobie, will give that a try on Saturday, i cant really think of much else i can do. I don't think removing the wheel will make any difference, but i might try anyway just to factor it out.

• Like 1

For anyone else who might find this useful, it turned out it was the wheel spacers pushing the caps out.

I have used some light adhesive to hold them in place, rotashop actually did send me a replacement at no extra charge as well, great service.