Tesla model 3

Zeezeebaba

51 minutes ago, gangzoom said:

This thing must be causing some interest amounts car journalist to make it to the front cover of TopGear magazine, a spot usually reserved for Hypercars and group test :).

36069750990_7fca9602f6_b_d.jpg

I like the model S and X but the 3 is a really ugly car imo, just totally way out of proportion with the top of the car is too tall in proportion to everything below the the bottom of the glass. 

oh and the boot is stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zeezeebaba Keep an eye on the used Model S prices. They are finally starting to fall after been stuck at the £50-60K mark for the last 12-18 months.

The first sub <£40K 85S Auto Pilot equipped cars is now on the Tesla 'approved' used car site. The approved cars come with 4 years and 50K warranty (same warranty as the brand new cars), and remainder of the original 8 year warranty on the battery/motor (so 5 years left to run on all current UK cars).

The battery packs on these cars are currently projected to last 500K+ miles before charge drops to 80% due to degradation, so a car with sub 50K on the clock has lots and lots of life left in it.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7H16EFP57017

Had prices fallen to this level 12 months ago I probably would have bought one of these rather than a brand new car. Bare-in mind the Auto pilot hard ware in that particular <£40K car is exactly the same as in the yet to be released brand new A8 your actually getting really good value for money interms of hardware.

Range/speed is the same/more than the base Model 3, it's also bigger inside.

I'm keeping half an eye on the price of the P85D S (3.1 second 0-60 time - no battery warming needed ;)), once they fall to £40-45K mark I'll find it very hard to pass one over for a brand new Model 3!!!......Not sure my wife will enjoy the 'insane' mode quite as much as me though.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More long-term real life Tesla battery degradation performance coming out as these cars get older.

93% usable charge after 250K miles!! Assuming most people do 10k a year average, the battery packs on these things look like they will last 30 years+ for most normal users before needing to be reconditioned  :).

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-400k-km-250k-mi-7-percent-battery-degradation/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...