Passenger window drops fully open when car locked

GrahameJ

My passenger window has a very intermittent fault in that it has happened 3 times in a year of ownership.

The issue being that  after locking the car yesterday evening, the passenger window was fully open this morning.

Other than that the window works normally, drops slightly when opening the door and raises again upon closing the door,

and opens and closes smoothly over the  fully range using the switch on the drivers door.

I'm wondering if this could be due to water in the switches, as I had used the wiper washers to clean the windscreen whilst driving with the drivers window open,

and some of the water ran down onto the switches.

So, is the problem likely to be the switch or will it be a problem with the window motor, or even the body control module?

I have searched many of the threads on windows, but most relate to sticking windows or windows not moving at all, and all seem to be related to window motor problems.

During those 3 times, did water get onto the switch? I'm guessing here, but is there a permanent 12v feed at the switch's connector, but is only live when the ignition is on?? Could be a control unit issue, maybe a pinched wire in the door somewhere? It's one of those faults that you need to keep occurring to narrow the fault down.

There is a good chance that the switches were wet on previous occasions too, as it tends to rain rather a lot in Blackburn,

and I do prefer to drive with the driver's window open slightly, which always results in some water finding itself on the inside of the door.

Having said that the fault is very intermittent.

I don't know if there is a live feed at the switches with the ignition off, but I'm sure there will be someone more knowledgeable on here that does.