Brainiac is BACK!

SmoggyPauly

So, not sure if anyone here was watching progress a  while ago but a couple of guys were trying to raise funds to manufacture aftermarket off the shelf snap-in unit for your car that could do all sorts of wonderful things - ICE, engine management, satnav etc all from one big screen replacing your sat nav and head unit. The early 350Z's were one of the first cars they tackled.
Anyway, long story short they failed to raise the funds for what was an awesome design and software so they have recently resurfaced with a new plan. Sell the snap in plastics so that you can mount a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in your 350Z and then rewrite the software as an Android App...

They have just gone on sale, so I've already ordered mine - thought others might like to check them out...once the plastics arrive, I'll post some photo's of the fitting etc. Some images, videos etc on the link below...

https://workshoptwelve.com/02-05-nissan-350z/

banner.jpeg

all-plastics.png

• Like 1

Workshop 12 have said on that link that further videos will be released shortly for instructions on how to get everything working. In the meantime, they've included a list of parts needed.
Not sure how it will all pull together yet but once I start installing, I'm sure it'll become clear.
They do state somewhere that their App will interact will a range of third party apps for music etc, so I'd imagine just using a radio app would do the trick but it would have to use your data I guess. Not sure how much data listening to radio uses so don't know if it's practical.
Personally, I don't listen to the radio, so not an issue for me...tend to play my own music in the car.
I think you can also get FM receiver that you can use with tablets but haven't looked into how these work much yet.

On 30/07/2017 at 17:41, 350_Jer said:

Do you know when the app will be released?

Also, has anyone said if you can get a reversing camera working with the tablet do you know?

Sorry, don't have all the answers yet - I don't have a reversing camera so not really looked into it. Not sure they have a release date for the app but best to follow them on Facebook for updates. Seem to be regular updates and instructional videos now.
I should have my plastics delivered within a couple of weeks so will post updates once I start the installation. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 06:56, Flex said:

Nice one Smoggy, where in Boro are you, that's my home town.

I'm from grangetown originally, parents in Normanby now. Now down in Norfolk, it's a bit different!

Live in Cowpen Bewley now, little village at the back of Billingham but lived all over Teesside...Acklam, Redcar, Dormanstown, Grangetown, Norton, Stockton!