ART Resonated Test Pipes

reeceybeaney

Heard a lot about these decats and wondered if anyone has had these fitted after the rest of their exhaust system so I could get an idea on comparison? I'm running a resonated cobra with y pipe and wondered what kind of difference it will make!

I've heard they don't rasp like normal decats but I still want to be reminded I've got them fitted when my right foot gets heavy:lol:

Looking forward to what people have to say about them!

wJXfYRq.jpg

Edited by reeceybeaney

I had ART pipes on my DE Zed followed by my HR Zed too! Both installed along with my Tanabe system

Assuming you still have cats in at the moment then fitting these will free up a few HP (have a remap after to maximize the gains) and a bit more noise too. They don't have that horrible nasty rasp sound at all, like the Berks I had when very first bought my first Zed, just a nice low V6 note.

Pricey but worth it for both HP gains and noise.

After running just an ARK GRiP cat back for several months I had ART test pipes fitted and then UpRev'd the car. I absolutely LOVE the difference they make. Loud enough to draw attention when you want it, near enough zero drone and easy to live with on a daily basis. Had compliments from all sorts of car people, especially friends who found my exhaust way too quiet with the cats in.

EDIT: Just to be clear, they did up the volume noticeably and definitely changed the tone. 

23:06 in the video below was from yesterday as a rough sound guide. 

https://youtu.be/5Ocox3aIdYY

Edited by ASemper
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2017 at 16:22, 350Butcher said:

I had ART pipes on my DE Zed followed by my HR Zed too! Both installed along with my Tanabe system

Assuming you still have cats in at the moment then fitting these will free up a few HP (have a remap after to maximize the gains) and a bit more noise too. They don't have that horrible nasty rasp sound at all, like the Berks I had when very first bought my first Zed, just a nice low V6 note.

Pricey but worth it for both HP gains and noise.

On 01/08/2017 at 10:21, ASemper said:

After running just an ARK GRiP cat back for several months I had ART test pipes fitted and then UpRev'd the car. I absolutely LOVE the difference they make. Loud enough to draw attention when you want it, near enough zero drone and easy to live with on a daily basis. Had compliments from all sorts of car people, especially friends who found my exhaust way too quiet with the cats in.

EDIT: Just to be clear, they did up the volume noticeably and definitely changed the tone. 

23:06 in the video below was from yesterday as a rough sound guide. 

https://youtu.be/5Ocox3aIdYY

Awesome, exactly what I want to hear :lol:

Sounds awesome from that video! Really interested to hear what difference they'll make for my Z! I might get round to getting the car uprev'd, Will definitely need to get hold of a plenum spacer too at some point and then I'll be finished...

Edited by reeceybeaney
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 08/04/2018 at 20:40, reeceybeaney said:

Old thread revival...

Anyone got more footage or "reviews" of these ART pipes? 

Hopefully be mating these up to my cobra system after MOT, interested to hear what they're like as I haven't heard a z with this set up :shrug:

Hi again :p Excuse the poor mic, but this gives a rough sound idea (nothing like in person ofc).

• 2 weeks later...