3rd Continental PremiumContact 6

4th Falken FK510 (!)

5th Dunlop SportMaxx RT2

6th Bridgestone Turanza T001 evo

7th Hankook Ventus S1 evo2

8th Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric (!)

9th Toyo Proxes Sport

Scores, 1st to 9th:

Performed at the Conti test track. Read the magazine if you want the full details, it's too new for me to c+p any text over aside from the winner, but I will say that this is the first test they've done that actually agrees with my own personal viewpoints. Normally the Eagle F1 wins this or finishes 2nd or 3rd, but I really don't like them at all. Everything else is about where I'd expect, barring the high finish of the Pirelli (are they finally making decent tyres again?) and the Falken (very surprised about this one, maybe a good budget buy for the cheapskates among you :p;) ). 

But yeah, go buy the MPS4. Now. 

• Like 2

My Driver Training last week was the first time I've given the MPS4's any stick and they were superb throughout. We had everything from bone dry mile straight threshold braking to monsoon rain drifting and I was amazed (particularly in the wet) how much flat out abuse you could give them before they gave up grip completely. They also performed well on the handling circuit, where it started dry, rained and left us with one sopping wet corner as all the others dried out. The varying conditions weren't a problem. Didn't even lose that much tread, maybe 1mm :)

I've just had some Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 fitted this afternoon so I'm happy to see them in the top 10, they were a bit of a punt in all honesty as I couldn't find many reviews on them.

Edited by Sargara

They only finished in the top ten (or nine, in this case) because that's the amount of manufacturers Evo asked to supply tyres, not because they were specifically chosen because they're any good ;)

Wouldve been good if they'd chucked a really cheaply set of ditchfinders in there too, just to see how bad they are in comparison. 

28 minutes ago, Ekona said:

They only finished in the top ten (or nine, in this case) because that's the amount of manufacturers Evo asked to supply tyres, not because they were specifically chosen because they're any good ;)

Wouldve been good if they'd chucked a really cheaply set of ditchfinders in there too, just to see how bad they are in comparison. 

Stop ruining it for me! :lol:

Oh well, in that case I will take them finishing above Goodyear Eagle F1's instead as a win.

• Like 1

I'll have to find out what my mate is running on his Gallardo, as they didn't feel horrendous when I was out in that the other week. Wasn't in the wet though and they were quite new, so maybe hard to say.

I bought my car with PZero on the rear wheels. They felt really grippy in the dry but were pretty awful in the wet, setting off with any kind of haste would just spin up the wheels. Not even a case of spin the wheels and get going just sitting there looking like a bit of a mug. Not to mention they bulged out on the sides before I ran through all the tread.

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

I'll have to find out what my mate is running on his Gallardo, as they didn't feel horrendous when I was out in that the other week. Wasn't in the wet though and they were quite new, so maybe hard to say.

if your on about Mark hes on P zeros or his was last time i went out with him

Edit: didnt read it in context ignore me

Edited by StevoD

I think he's stil on P Zeros as well, as I know he stuck with L-spec ones and I'm guessing that none of the newer range have been put through that set of regs yet.

Another reason why I don't ever want to drive it in the rain ;) 

• 1 month later...

What was interesting was that in the dry the P-Zeros are better than the 4s in terms of actual measured performance, it was the 'subjective' scoring which made the 4s win in the dry, which is a bit hmmmm for me as another reviewer could quite easily have subjectively scored the P-Zeros better. Its well worth reading the article to see the actual measured performance scores as it puts the tyres in different orders of results :thumbs: