Evo 2017 Tyre Test

Ekona

4 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

This test was the just the 4 right not 4s

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

I would've thought the giant photo of the magazine posted in my opening post would've cleared that up.

Yes I'm not completely blind thank you.

I pointed it out as the 4 is largely replaced by the 4S.

See, this is where Michelin are just utterly incapable of marketing things correctly (see: MPS3). The 4 is better than the SS, but the 4S is better than both! They're really good at misleading the consumer, I'll give them that. 

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Sometimes I have to wonder if you're actually for real. Read the thread, read the photo I posted, and come to your own conclusion.

Sometimes I wonder if your for real the way you talk to people on here dan! No need 

If you don't like my comment then please don't even give it your time to reply.

*you're

Sorry dude, I'm not feeling great at the moment so I probably mis-placed my wrath, apologies. However, can you not see why the two questions you asked are obviously answered in the first post? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you tend to ask a lot of questions that have already been answered on the same thread: It makes it look like you want spoon-feeding a yes or no answer a lot of the time, rather than drawing your own conclusion.

Still, sorry for snapping.

19 minutes ago, Ekona said:

*you're

Sorry dude, I'm not feeling great at the moment so I probably mis-placed my wrath, apologies. However, can you not see why the two questions you asked are obviously answered in the first post? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you tend to ask a lot of questions that have already been answered on the same thread: It makes it look like you want spoon-feeding a yes or no answer a lot of the time, rather than drawing your own conclusion.

Still, sorry for snapping.

Accepted dan 

Thanks 

You have fair points sometimes I post as thoughts pop into my head without thinking 

Hand shake move on sorry to you for biting back at you 

So just to be clear .... :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the Falken on mine for the past 6 months as they came with the car. I found them very capable on the road in wet and dry and only really pushed them beyond limits when i got a bit power mad i the slight snow we had in jan-feb time. Just fitted Dunlops because they were free, not had time to test them properly yet though. 

I did the Cornering Masterclass down at Millbrook this weekend, once again in variable conditions, once again on MPS4.

It was dry for most of the morning learning sessions; threshold braking, left foot braking and trail braking (all on tarmac) - as expected grip was high and feedback good. The rain arrived later in the day during the application of my newly learnt skills, firstly over timed laps and then around the three Alpine route sections. These Pilot Sport 4s continue to impress, they are very complimentary to the BRZ's handling, chirping away nicely when under stress, braking away predictably as you push on (on concrete), leaving time to decide if you want to ease down and regain grip or completely break traction. I was even more impressed in the rain this time than last time, simply because it rained even harder (on tarmac) and they just kept holding on as my lap times came down and confidence grew, allowing some nice controllable movement across the tarmac. They didn't snap once all day.

• Like 2

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:55, Ekona said:

You ordered the 510s?

Yea ordered them this week bud. The MPSS are clearly a better tyre but I thought I'd try these out and see what they are like, If they are really bad then lesson learnt and I'll switch to MPSS next time, but no harm in trying something different :)

• Like 1