OMG what a di*k :@

The Bounty Bar Kid

Just read it as well. The guy must have too much money to really care for his possessions. Just idiotic to be driving in such a manner in any new vehicle you've not got yourself accustomed to, especially on public roads.

Remember when I drove my Z home 300 miles when I bought her, it was p***ing it down. Obviously I wanted to find out how much grunt there was, but you just have to think sensibly..

3 hours ago, TomBorehamUK said:

Not sure someone crashing their car is worthy of news.... How many hundreds do each day?

I'd agree with that statement, ...it's almost like they (the papers/journalists) want to take the pi** and have a good laugh at this unfortunate guys accident.

Maybe it helps gain them popularity with the poor, "fake dole claim" individuals of this country!. :dry: 

I'll never be able to afford a car even half as good as that but still it doesn't mean I begrudge anyone else from being able to if they can afford it and I certainly don't find it amusing that it was written off so quickly. Just thankful nobody was hurt. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I wouldn't have cared if it was a Lamborghini or Porsche or Bugatti. It's just because it's a Ferrari and I have a special love for them 

We/I know you do BBK and my post was not aimed at you I hope you know, ...just the media in general. :thumbs:

Devastated for the guy. Driving it home. That's awful. 

This is could happen to 99% of drivers who have never drove a mid engined super car before. He can be forgiven for being excited and getting carried away. 

Doubt he'll forgive himself though. 

I know someone who crashed a VX220 on the way home from buying it. A damp patch in the road caught him out with a new car, he didn't know how to react to having the back end go on a car and applied the brakes. Big bang ensued!

When I worked for Mercedes, they started giving free fast driving lessons to anyone who bought an SLR as their first fast car to try and prevent things like this. Scare someone on track and they might be more respectful of the car on the road. Didn't really work, but it was a good column filler at the time as they were a responsible seller.

• Like 1