Filling Boot Lid Holes

Hi Guys,

I know this has been covered probably before but has anyone used fiber-glass to fill the windscreen wiper hole and rear spoiler holes on a 350z tailgate/boot lid?

If so did you apply from underneath and how many layers of fiber did you use?

Like wise has anyone welded the holes using discs underneath then filled over the top? especially the one nearest the window as a little worried the screen may crack from heat distortion.

Lastly was the repair successful a year or 2 down the line, i.e no cracking or signs of filling etc? As a lot of topics cover the filling of holes but you never find out if they were ok over time.

Cheers

Andy

21 minutes ago, semmco said:

Hi Guys,

I know this has been covered probably before but has anyone used fiber-glass to fill the windscreen wiper hole and rear spoiler holes on a 350z tailgate/boot lid?

If so did you apply from underneath and how many layers of fiber did you use?

Like wise has anyone welded the holes using discs underneath then filled over the top? especially the one nearest the window as a little worried the screen may crack from heat distortion.

Lastly was the repair successful a year or 2 down the line, i.e no cracking or signs of filling etc? As a lot of topics cover the filling of holes but you never find out if they were ok over time.

Cheers

Andy

Not sure how useful this comment is but mine were all welded, stock spoiler holes and also rear badge holes. Having said that i wasn't there watching over the work. Spoiler holes show no signs of movement, i believe plates were welded below and then filled and flatted off.

Worked for me, so far any way.