Royal Steering Wheels - Looking for inspiration / recommendations

jamiebridge

http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

Just wondering if anyone could share any images of their Royal Steering wheel re-trims or any other company that offers the same service at a similar price.

I am looking to get mine done in the next few weeks. I don't like the idea of it being too chunky either, i prefer the slimmer look.

Thanks

If you just want the standard wheel retrimming to your preferred spec (without all the reshaping that some go in for), then send it to me. :)

As a paid up Trader on here, I should really be the first recommendation anyway... ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mondo@Hide N Seat said:

If you just want the standard wheel retrimming to your preferred spec (without all the reshaping that some go in for), then send it to me. :)

As a paid up Trader on here, I should really be the first recommendation anyway... ;)

The thing is, i use the car as daily and royal will provide the wheel for me on a swap basis. Are you able to offer that?

1 minute ago, Kev said:

Is it possible to trim the airbag cover. I always think they let the retrimmed wheels down a lil bit. 

This is is next on my list. 

Not really as any trim would impair the operation of the airbag. 

That's not to say people haven't done it. 

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

I thought that that might be a issue. :/

If the airbag is impaired I suppose aftermarket makes more sense. 

48 minutes ago, Lexx said:

It doesn't impair the performance at all, Lexx - if the plastic of the cover doesn't stop it, then a thin covering of leather won't either. ;)

I actually have a spare 350Z wheel in the workshop so yes, I can offer an exchange basis.

As I said, whilst Jack Royal and his team may do a sterling job, they aren't paying Traders on here so if someone wants something that doesn't involve reprofiling, shouldn't the general membership on here be sending people my way first...?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2017 at 16:23, Mondo@Hide N Seat said:

As I said, whilst Jack Royal and his team may do a sterling job, they aren't paying Traders on here so if someone wants something that doesn't involve reprofiling, shouldn't the general membership on here be sending people my way first...?

While I completely understand your point and the work I've seen you do is fantastic, I would have a small issue with companies being suggested for the sole reason of being a paying member. For me, the whole point of asking on a forum would be to get as objective an opinion as possible not just a recommendation for whoever is a paying member. This is probably a discussion for another thread though...I just can't help myself...

Edited by Colin747
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colin747 said:

While I completely understand your point and the work I've seen you do is fantastic, I would have a small issue with companies being suggested for the sole reason of being a paying member. For me, the whole point of asking on a forum would be to get as objective an opinion as possible not just a recommendation for whoever is a paying member. This is probably a discussion for another thread though...I just can't help myself...

I almost wrote this exact response myself a week back, but couldn't be bothered with a barrage of replies, as hide n seat seemed pretty strong on his opinion.

I feel if I had been approached by hide n seat and offered his services as an alternative, I would have looked into it, but I felt I was being shamed/bullied into it, which I don't see as an effective sales method.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Randy_Baton said:

I got mine done by Jack in a very similar style I was driving past so go him to fit it form me.

Pics and prices Here:

How do you find the alcantara is wearing?

1 hour ago, Randy_Baton said:

Okay - but not great its kind of smoothed out. I do <5k miles per year so its not in heavy in use.

Jeez, I'd do over double that mileage so maybe I'll skip the alcantara haha Be interesting to have a chat with him to see what other materials are on offer

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

I can't make my mind up if I like all the bulked up sides and flat bits or if they look a bit cartoony if that's such a thing :lol:

The feel of the grip is much better than the oem I find. 

1 minute ago, nissanman312 said:

Yeah I'm sure it dose I have been close to getting one myself but like I say just not sure

Well I must admit I was like you, unsure for some time, but so glad I got it done.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Di

On 23/08/2017 at 20:17, Darkside said:

This is the reprofile with flat bottom, perforated leather sides and Alcantara top and bottom. Jack at royals. 

IMG_20170823_152108358.jpgps my floor needs a good hoover!,,,

Did you keep the standard orange LED's on the steering wheel controls? I'd like to change mine to red but unsure what size LEDs to get!