Oil grade

Nikster

Hi,

Probably been asked nultiple times but what's the best all round oil grade? Car is daily driven and is coming up to 75k. Its a 2008 HR, I'm going with a K&N oil filter aswell. Most people seem to be using 5w30 fully synthetic?  

Thanks in advance 

Oil should have its own forum on here! It could have sub-sections for grade, reading levels, plight of the dipstick. Haha. I'm new to Zeds but I'm on 115k DE Uprev and running 5w 30 FS. I'm maybe ready for switch 10w? It won't be long before the folks that know what they are talking about are along to help us. :wacko:

• Like 1

Contact Oilman he'll point you to the correct oil. As far as I'm aware, 5w 30 fully syn is OEM recommended oil. For high mileage (over 100k), 10w might be a better option. I'm at 83k now, been using 5w-30 (Motul) for the past 3 services (less than 4k miles covered at every oil change).

• Like 1

110k now using Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5w30 on a vq35 changing a bit before the required intervals does not burn oil between changes. I reckon it would be pretty quiet if it had a different exhaust.  A look inside the cap reveals no sludge or horrid residue. It's ashame the clutch master and slave cylinder are not engineered the same though!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No need to change the viscosity unless your have oil consumption problems really. Fuch Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 is a bit of a favourite on here for RevUp owners who have a higher risk of oil consumption.

Would it also not depend on driving distances and/or styles or what the car is used for... Ie.. Short colder journey needing something with lighter viscosity to warm up quicker or track cars needing something higher to withstand the temps?

Edited by RVSV2824