To those with Cobras

G1en

Quick little mod done today if you can call it that. As there are many of us with cobra exhausts this may be a common problem. Last time i had a nosey around underneath i noticed the exhaust clamps that secure the tips to the tubing and tubing to the backbox were rusting. I took them off and found the threads were almost rusted solid, the brackets had started to corrode/stain the St./steel exhaust and they looked a mess, all this after just a year on the car. The solution, suprapro st/steel exhaust clamps. You can get them in W2 or W4 grade, the W4 grade are better and cost around £5 each. Its a quick 5 minute job to change them and you can polish the staining off while your under there. I am assuming everyone with a cobra should be same size diameter so I got the 63-68mm option which is the perfect size and fit. 

See pics below, they look much neater, blend in great with exhaust and you will save a kg or so in weight. Just to note: i have no affiliation with the product, other similar products are available but I think for £20 its a no brainer. 

IMG_0750.JPG

• Like 1