Wanting to go wide arches...need help!

Andymac183

Been entertaining this idea for a while but this post just nailed what I want to go for - 

I have a few questions - 

Where's everybody buying their wheels? I love some of the stuff on Driftworks, any other good stores?

If I want staggered, with a deeper dish at the back, do I need spacers at the front? Or does this depend on the amount the arches stick out  - do the rear arches need to be bigger for that look?

And finally - where can I get arches like that which suit the original bumpers?

You'd either be looking at quite a wide wheel like 10j+ with the lowest ET possible so it doesn't catch your suspension/inner arch tunnels etc or some big ass spacers

id source the arches first to measure the extra width and from there you can work out what wheel specs are necessary to achieve the look you want 

Karl

• Like 1

if you are looking for a similar project best speak to Mike also known as @veilside z on here as the above car is the one his son had built

for a bit more details on wide arches and wide wheels you can also have a look at my build thread :thumbs:

I personally think its cheaper to have it fabbed in metal, looks better when its done too. 

Mine:

No automatic alt text available.

Wheels will need to be at least 19x12J ET0 on the rear and not a lot less on the front (mine were 10J ET -34 IIRC) and wont be too easy to come by unless youre buying new.

However, far and away the cheapest way to do it is to buy the car above, which is now white and has new wheels:

2Yun6GJ.jpg

and at least until recently was for sale here http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/ - call Greg and ask him if he still has it, I bet hed do a very reasonable deal on it by now too. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karl92 said:

You'd either be looking at quite a wide wheel like 10j+ with the lowest ET possible so it doesn't catch your suspension/inner arch tunnels etc or some big ass spacers

id source the arches first to measure the extra width and from there you can work out what wheel specs are necessary to achieve the look you want 

Karl

Thanks - this is surely the correct way round to do things! :D

19 hours ago, Ekona said:

^^^ That's how you do a widearch car. Cannot stand those tacky bolt on kits that look like they've been thrown on by a back street pikey.

Each to their own I guess...! I actually love that 'bolted-on' look with the visible bolts!

• Like 2

On 13/07/2017 at 09:22, Andymac183 said:

Been entertaining this idea for a while but this post just nailed what I want to go for - 

I have a few questions - 

Where's everybody buying their wheels? I love some of the stuff on Driftworks, any other good stores?

If I want staggered, with a deeper dish at the back, do I need spacers at the front? Or does this depend on the amount the arches stick out  - do the rear arches need to be bigger for that look?

And finally - where can I get arches like that which suit the original bumpers?

@ben@RARE RIMS, @Tarmac@TarmacSportz& @Adrian@TORQEN are all treaders here and they all sell wheels.

4 hours ago, Andymac183 said:

Thanks - this is surely the correct way round to do things! :D

If youre buying arches then yeah, you need to know what youre looking at, but if youre fabbing its the opposite, make the car fit the wheels. 

Are you sure you want full widearch? Lowered and hardcore fitment might do the job youre looking for .........

Image result for 350z fitment

Personally I'm not a fan of the Stanced look, UK roads and daily drivability are my concerns there. I like the wide arches better, but the jury is out between fabbed and bolt on in my head, the bolt on has an industrial look, but reminds of the Proton hatchback. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will admit it would scrape a bit over certain speedbumps but the car was very much 'useable' 

Having gone back to the standard rays I will admit the handling is so much better... Those 3 piece spilts weighed a fair bit