Bubbling paint behind mirrors. (warranty repair)

pistonbroke

Well, after a year of fighting Nissan on this and having to go through the ombudsman, they have agreed to paint both doors under their 12 year anti corrosion warranty! :yahoo: Nissan sent a tech out to look at the car and straight away he said, yes, that's corrosion we'll get them both sorted for you.  It's also common on the GTR's too!

Get checking under those wing mirrors guys and girls!

I'm 99% certain the car needs a full Nissan service history and not to have had any previous paint done to qualify.  Best advice I could give is give it a go, all depends on how helpful your local dealer is.  If mine hadn't have had a full Nissan history I wouldn't have pursued it.

Don't think I will even bother trying. Spoke to a guy at work who has the same bubbling paint on his x-trail which he bought brand new and its only just had its first service which was a Nissan dealer. Nissan have said it must be from a stone chip (its on the side under the mirror) and refused to do anything. Iv told him about what was said in here with the ombudsman so he is going to give that a try but more shocking service from Nissan

The dealers are absolutely useless! They don't seem to know how to put a warranty claim in. They are just trying to get out of it. I'm sure if Nissan HQ arranged to send one of their technical chaps to look at your car and your mates they would put it through under warranty. Yours would be under their 12 year anti-corrosion warranty and especially your mates as that sounds like a nearly new car.

I would ring Nissan Head office and speak to customer services. 0330 123 1231

• 2 months later...
On 18/05/2018 at 09:38, Justthejedi said:

Well, after a year of fighting Nissan on this and having to go through the ombudsman, they have agreed to paint both doors under their 12 year anti corrosion warranty! :yahoo: Nissan sent a tech out to look at the car and straight away he said, yes, that's corrosion we'll get them both sorted for you.  It's also common on the GTR's too!

Get checking under those wing mirrors guys and girls!

Do you have a reference we can quote to Nissan? My paint is bubbling right where the mirror connects to the door. It’s a 2011 plate.

Take your car to your local Nissan dealer and ask the service manager or warranty manager to look at the car. They will insist on having a full Nissan service history though and that the door has not been painted previously. Make sure you tell them to put the claim through as corrosion warranty (12 years) and not a paint defect (3 years).  

• 2 years later...