Standard brackets for front brake hoses

ewanbcfc

Hi

Due to changing my HEL hoses to Hosetechnik, I am now searching for a pair of the standard front brake hose brackets to secure the hoses correctly to the dampers.

Replacement parts from Nissan have a one-month lead time, so thought I'd try on here first.  I'm sure a lot of people will have some lying around after changing to braided hoses.

It's items 28 and 29 on the parts drawing here:

2894053009490.png

Please, if anyone has a pair of these that they would like rid of, do let me know!

Cheers,

Ewan

Edited by ewanbcfc

Apologies, I've just seen this. I might have them in the garage somewhere. If you still wanting it, i can go back tonight, check and confirm? Let me know. Won't charge you anything for the parts, just cover the postage will do.

Ah too late!  Already placed the order with Nissan, I'm afraid :-(

Don't have any pics of the HELs, but when they were put on, a few little bits went in the bin which I need to go back to stock (or stock-style) hoses.

Not that you asked, but I'm not sure I could really recommend the HELs.  They were fitted on mine and were fine for 20,000 miles, but then the rubber in the little p-clips perished or overheated and the lines moved and chafed against the wheels.  Result is MOT-failing damaged hoses.

I wrote to HEL about it and they were pretty good, sending me a new set of hoses, but the garage that fitted them weren't careful enough with the fitting and managed to chafe the hoses on wheels on their test drive, knackering the new lines!  After that, I just decided I couldn't be doing with the fuss of hoses that I have to keep inspecting to see if they're getting damaged, so back to the stock routing for me.  Fit and forget.  I hope.

There's quite a bit of info on the forum, some horror stories and probably plenty of happy customers too.

For me, they were fine for 20,000 miles and if I'd been near the garage that fitted them, they new ones would probably still be okay.  For me, I sometimes take my car on long trips and a hose rubbing on a wheel on a long motorway trip could see it wear through completely.  The hoses themselves seemed fine, but I'm not keen on the way they mount to the car.

6 minutes ago, ewanbcfc said:

There's quite a bit of info on the forum, some horror stories and probably plenty of happy customers too.

For me, they were fine for 20,000 miles and if I'd been near the garage that fitted them, they new ones would probably still be okay.  For me, I sometimes take my car on long trips and a hose rubbing on a wheel on a long motorway trip could see it wear through completely.  The hoses themselves seemed fine, but I'm not keen on the way they mount to the car.

This is interesting. 

So what brand do people recommend?

I think the two brands that follow the original routing are Goodrich and Hosetechnik, but I could be wrong about that.  I needed to get my new ones in a hurry so got the Hosetechnik ones from Clark Motorsport who post on this forum.

Possibly the bigger question is whether there is really any point in braided hoses.  This is the first time I have tried them and I don't think I noticed any significant difference.  Certainly not a difference to justify the cost and hassle they have caused!

I had HEL on, the 1st set were actually too long (I didn't knew about it until i fitter my 2nd set as the 1st set started to touch the wheel and wearing in). I had no issue for the 1st year until i start hearing noise. After investigating, i found the hose is touching my wheel. Not sure why the issue only started after 1 year. Reported to HEL and they were quick in sending a replacement hose. When my local garage fitted them, they said the old hose were longer compared to the new replacement (not sure which set is correct for a 350z, is the first set too long and they fixed it since? or the 2nd set were shorted but coincidence it fitter better?)  Anyway, 2nd set is now only for over 6 months now and no sign of touching the wheel. From what others said, HEL's decision to remove the 'block' with a P-clip is the main reason they are not as good as OEM or others (Goodrich/Hosetechnik). 

• Like 1

I wonder which size I had on my car then.  With the second set I tried sliding the hose about through the loosened p-clips and couldn't find a position where it wouldn't rub on full lock.  If I shunted it to not rub on full left lock, it would rub on full right lock, and vice versa.  It certainly seemed like the hose was a bit long, but I'm no expert at fitting brake lines.

Interesting that you say the issue only started after a while, that's exactly what I had.  I reckon it's down to the rubber on the cheapo p-clips perishing over time and allowing the hoses to move.  I just hope the hosetechniks solve this.

• Like 1