Video baby monitor

350_Jer

Evening all,

I'm after a video baby monitor as our little one is in her own room now. Anyone got any recommendations? There are so many about, all with varying reviews on Amazon/Ebay, even the well known brands seem to have bad reviews from quite a few people.

Not too fussed if it has a dedicated parent monitor to view, or whether just streams to a smartphone/tablet as we've got those downstairs anyway. Budget wise, they seem to range from 100-200ish, so go with that?

We had a Withings Smart Baby Monitor when the my twin boyswere babies. 

We never really used the video function, so when the twin girls were born we just stuck with a normal tommee tippee voice only monitor. 

I find the vid ones just a bit of a gimmick. Vid quality in the dark is never good enough to make out anything actually useful. 

• Like 1

I would go for something similar to this --> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-720P-HD-Wireless-Wifi-IP-Camera-Webcam-Baby-Pet-Monitor-CAM-Pan-Tilt-UK-/272729253773?hash=item3f7fee278d:g:n8sAAOSwiQ9ZSjPk if you have unlimited home broadband data. If not, just turn it on when needed however i doubt it will use lots of data unless you stream it continuously. Should be fairly easy to set up and you can view even when you are not at home (UK VPN needs to be activated if viewing from outside of UK, ie can be used as security camera). However, I'm not sure if this is the best one hence recommend some 'google' detective work.

Thanks for the replies :) I did wonder how much we would actually use the video function and how good it would be. Might just try a cheaper one that streams to your phone first and see how much we actually use it! We've got a sound only monitor that was given to us but it's not the best hence me looking to get a new video one, so if we don't hardly use the video function then I'll get a better sound only one!

Apart from a monitor, one thing I used ALOT was a my phone with unlimited minutes in the kids room ringing our spare PAYG phone which I hooked up to a Bluetooth earpiece.

I could then do the garden ( detail the car ;b ) and if I heard a peep go and check on them in the cot.