APR Performance drag wing

Darkside

Well I decided to push the boat out and ordered an APR Performance drag wing from the good old USofA !

So glad I did , it is Fan bloody tastic !

So I plucked up the courage and decided to install it myself. Plenty of measuring, and even had to manufacture some angled footplates so the wing brackets would sit level on the tailgate. But all was good in the end and just managed to finish it this evening. 

What do you think? I LOVE it.

IMG_20170704_210518_520_1.jpg

IMG_20170704_213436_784.jpg

IMG_20170704_213641_550.jpg

Edited by Darkside
Doubled up on pics
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zippypooz said:

Looks great buddy, you have more balls than me fitting it yourself!!...although in hindsight...haha

Got any stand back side shots? Your baby is really coming together!

Is this any better? I'll get another totally side on as soon as I can.

IMG_20170704_224822_568.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Ekona said:

The endplates look like they're on backwards. I know they're not as that's the APR design, just looks really odd to the eye.

I really like that though, looks good.

Thanks mate. Yes, I know what you mean about end plates but yes, that's how APR designers have used the aerodynamics and come up with that. I agree, does look odd. But I LOVE it. Great quality too!

Really like that mate. I fitted an E-tech one to my Peugeot 309  and spent more time measuring than installing. Measure. make fitting marks. Measure again. Draw round feet, measure again. Drill holes...measure again lol.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2017 at 13:47, Jay84 said:

Really like that mate. I fitted an E-tech one to my Peugeot 309  and spent more time measuring than installing. Measure. make fitting marks. Measure again. Draw round feet, measure again. Drill holes...measure again lol.

Exactly, especially when you are about to potentially wreck your own car! :lol:

something looks really off with this, the end plates dont look right at all also the supports/legs seem a lot lot more spread than on any other Z i have seen with the 200 drag wing, 

IMG_5638.jpg

Image result for Apr drag wing  350z

Edited by StevoD

3 hours ago, StevoD said:

something looks really off with this, the end plates dont look right at all also the supports/legs seem a lot lot more spread than on any other Z i have seen with the 200 drag wing, 

IMG_5638.jpg

Image result for Apr drag wing  350z

Well firstly, this poor z doesn't have the side plates on the right way round. If you have a close look at the top end of the blade, you will see it protrudes above the end plate. APR designed it with aerodynamics in mind and the shape is the way it is supposed to be, like mine. I do understand what you are saying but never the less, this picture is wrong and just to show you, this is the picture from the APR website. I did put them on the way you can see when I first applied them but the fitment was wrong so I referred to the paperwork in the box (not something us men tend to do! :lol:) and found I put them on wrongly. 

As far as the oem spoiler is concerned, I actually think they go together rather well but each to their own. Some people don't like 350Zs at all! (Imagine that? Lol)

Secondly, I was informed that the 200 drag wing has been redesigned and the brackets were now slightly further apart (I don't know why they changed that) so I couldn't source an older version with the slightly narrower spacing. I therefore had to make up some angled footplates in order for the brackets to fit properly. 

DSC01937.jpg

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 1