Rear wiper delete

Mik Du

9 hours ago, OnlyAfro said:

Where did ya get the cap to cover the hole ?

Halfords is the usual place --> http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-blanking-grommet-25mm

Link is only an example, but you'll need to measure to get the right size to avoid water getting into your boot (or OP can tell you the exact dimension)).

12 hours ago, OnlyAfro said:

Where did ya get the cap to cover the hole ?

I got it off ebay painted gloss black.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302085161209

I prefer this to the push in grommets as the screw cap aids waterproofing. I also whacked a 30mm O-ring in to make sure it was watertight then tested it to death. All good and the gloss black is a reasonably good match for the paint. Took all of 15mins. :thumbs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDMetal said:

Never 100% sure about this kind of useful having the wiper isnt it?

I have an Gen7 Accord also and it doesnt have one as standard, never missed it so I figured I'd get rid on the Z as I prefer the look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay84 said:

I kept thinking the same, but just decided to go for it. Rear spoiler goes on monday so it will offset the extra weight :lol:

:thumbs: in that case, don't forget to lose the boot weight too. 

I saw these from this very seller a few months ago, the only thing that put me off was they were gloss black, my Z is Blade Silver, so painting it started to make the mod expensive for what you achieve. For me anyway:).

Mines fully painted, considering how easy the fitting is I'd be tempted to get on to the seller. Tell them you want a perfect one.

59 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Fitted today. Pleased with the result, the only thing I'd mention is that the top is gloss black, but the side hasn't been painted

1 hour ago, mr v6 said:

I saw these from this very seller a few months ago, the only thing that put me off was they were gloss black, my Z is Blade Silver, so painting it started to make the mod expensive for what you achieve. For me anyway:).

I've seen black and white but no silver unfortunately. Could always by a rattle can and have a go yourself. 

Thinking about doing this myself. Do you need to pull a fuse at all. As in what happens when you try to use the wiper from the cabin after its removed? Also not looked but is the rear washer jet on same system or is that completely independent?

I didn't pull a fuse, nothing happens when you turn on the wiper because you've removed the motor and assembly. I have, at the moment,  left the rear washer jet intact, you can disconnect the tube and plug the hole up too but it works independently so you would then be squirting it to the inside of your car if you accidentally use it. Didn't like the idea of that so left it on the window for now. Maybe I'll get round to disconnecting the whole thing later but it's not doing any harm as it is. Or maybe I'll just point the jets at pedestrians... :lol:

Edited by Mik Du

Yep, would be amusing  to turn the jet 90deg and point it sideways and outwards towards the kerbs. Or point it up, link it to the trottle and do a jetski impression. Or maybe not...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 15:12, Mik Du said:

I have an Gen7 Accord also and it doesnt have one as standard, never missed it so I figured I'd get rid on the Z as I prefer the look. 

I have a couple of CL9's (7th gen 2.4 Accords) and was thinking exactly the same thing :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, G1en said:

Looks really smart, like it, will be doing this on mine. 

I got rid of the counter balance weight that was attached to the boot lid, don't need this as I have a spoiler.

• Like 1

Yeah, the boot weight had already gone, the spare wheel you can see in the corner of the garage, thats gone. People say dont lose weight from rear end as its needed for traction but i have a mechanical LSD and wide tyres so never had an issue. 

When i said gone, i meant i had already removed it, its on a shelf. Just contemplating stripping out the interior plastics/carpet etc but then you go from OEM+ look to stripped out racecar look. Not sure i am ready for that yet but would like to know the rough weight saving you would see.