For Sale: Infiniti FX30d S *Spory and Unique SUV*

Toon Chris

I love my Inifiniti FX30 but now my wife has a 4x4 I can legitimately get a sports car again – i.e. a 370Z – so it’s with a little sadness I’m selling my more practical sports SUV.

FOR SALE: Inifiniti FX30d s in rare, beautiful Umbrian Twilight (has gold/green metallic finish) with dark brown leather all through and smooth maplewood interior trim

V6 3.0 24v Turbo-Diesel AWD

7-speed sequential automatic with sport mode and manual override (gearstick and paddles)

235 bhp @3750 rpm, massive 405 lb.ft torque @ 1750-2500 rpm, 0-60 8.3

The car has done 73.5K faultless miles and pulls, drives as good as new.  There is a full service history.  A full service including factory DPF filter clean for longevity has just been performed.  Also a new windscreen has been fitted due to a chip which was legal but spoilt the look.  All done at Glasgow Infiniti.

These cars are a fair size but amazingly quick and agile.  They are designed to be a sporty SUV and are based on the 370Z chassis. That is handy as most wear and tear items such as brake pads are Nissan or Renault fitments.
The AWD is an earlier Skyline wet-clutch system.

In my personal opinion, if you want a AWD SUV that is powerful, capable and still makes you smile when you drive round the lanes, but can’t afford a Porsche, you need one of these.

List price is at £13,500 according to the Infiniti dealership who appraised it last week, but I will take £12,500 as a forum price only. This car will be on pistonheads at the full price by the end of the week.

There are a few small mods:

DBA slotted front disks with green-stuff pads.

Custom straight pipes at the rear which look like originals but have a low growl.  The original back-box is available if you wish to go back to absolute silence.

Car Magazine says:

“Dynamically it’s on the money. The diesel is smooth and quiet (not a match for the new Cayenne Diesel for refinement but better than a Range Rover Sport) and pushes the FX along with enthusiasm. The chassis is mostly terrific. The four-wheel steering system gives it uncanny agility, the rear-biased four wheel drive system (in steady state driving the FX is 100-percent rear drive, progressively sending power forwards when necessary) gives the car a nice balance and the seven-speed automatic ’box is not quite eerily smooth, but rarely makes itself known. The FX features adjustable dampers with Normal and Sport settings, the latter is a bit stiff for most UK roads but Normal strikes a good compromise between comfort and body control even if it is always on the firm side.”

It is the S model which is a fully-loaded car.  It is hard to think of much else you could want as standard so I’ve listed some of the more unusual extra.  If you can think of something you want it to have, just ask me as it probably does have it:

Rear Privacy Glass

Factory Fitted Sunroof, tinted

Massive 5-spoke 21-inch alloys with lower profile tyres.

Dual-mode suspension damping, Normal or Sport

Rain/light sensors, with turn-in lights (as you turn corners the lights lead the way)

Intelligent cruise control, (brakes and accelerates as necessary)

Lane departure prevention warning with optional correction system (gently brakes the to pull you back onto your intended line)

radar-assisted collision warning braking

keyless entry with start button

Bose audio system (loud!) with Bluetooth, USB and 10 GB storage

Sat-Nav with built-in real-time traffic warnings

Tyre pressure sensors with warning

Integral parking sensors and 360 degree cameras

Auto-dip reversing mirrors

Auto anti-glare rear-view mirror

8 way electrically adjustable and air-conditioned front seats (yes, warm or cool) described as ‘you can’t get more comfortable unless it’s a Bentley’ by Top Gear, yet they grip you well at the same time.

A couple of not as perfect bits:

Three alloys have some kerbing from the previous owner.  Two relatively minor graunches 3-4cm , one extends around a third of the wheel, probably caused by a kerbstone. The lacquer has flaked a little on this wheel so a refurb would be nice.  Totally honestly the wheels are so massive you don’t really see this.

There are some minor stone chips from motorway miles but minor is the word

Currently fitted with Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres which are down to about 3mm.  I have a full set of Nokian zLine 265/45 (Eff: C  Wet Grip: A  Noise: 70dB) not yet fitted which we could come to some arrangement on if you want them.

Sorry the pics are a bit rubbish but my phone isn’t great and it’s all I’ve got.   Also finding a sunny day on the Lakes is pretty tough. The car polishes up really well and the colour is outstanding and unique; I wish I could show it better for you.

I’m based in north Cumbria but travel to Leeds midweek which might help with any viewing arrangements.             

SAM_0880_zpsa3dr5ce1.jpg

SAM_0878_zpstx4yhk9o.jpg

SAM_0875_zpse8lorlvr.jpg

SAM_0865_zpsmnhv1gjt.jpg

SAM_0864_zpsedpxmkdl.jpg

SAM_0863_zpshqw3vx3u.jpg

SAM_0862_zpszozpgsb4.jpg

SAM_0861_zpsnyhehjcc.jpg

SAM_0859_zpskfxopaye.jpg

SAM_0874_zpszmbsbken.jpg

SAM_0871_zps1kacza6n.jpg

SAM_0870_zpsa2xh8zlu.jpg