How To Do Things In The New Forum

Screen shot please. 

Clicking ACTIVITY > CONTENT I STARTED should give you what you are looking for. That's the list of all the Threads you have started. If someone has replied the thread will be shown in bold. Same as before. 

• Like 1

Thanks Lexx although i was acually doing that...gotta give it time i guess.

Dan, I noticed that, as 2 days ago i couldnt get anything up in my activity feed, it just said it was indexing but as from today its now appeared...which is nice! I'm actually liking the new set up to be fair.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ekona said:

But you still won't find everything until the search function has finished indexing.

Indexing is complete. 

We have indexed the archive too, so search will cover the whole 1m+ posts. 

• Like 1

Even for members worldwide?

I recall we as members on the previous forum had to set the times ourselves, and that did cause some problems.....so clever stuff if the new forum recognizes where everyone lives abroad.

1 hour ago, Ebized said:

Even for members worldwide?

I recall we as members on the previous forum had to set the times ourselves, and that did cause some problems.....so clever stuff if the new forum recognizes where everyone lives abroad.

IIRC the forum software is set as UTC and auto detects user IP. Obviously if you're using a proxy that screws things up. 

Quick Q. We didn't have it on the old forum, but wondered if it was possible....

When viewing on mobile (old forum, as haven't on the new one yet). You could click into a topic and it would automatically take you to the new posts you haven't read yet. This was very useful.

Could anything like this be done on the non-mobile side? Just clicking into any un read items at the moment, you always get taken to Post 1, Page 1. Anyway it could take you straight away to where you left off last time? :)

Generally new forum looks awesome, so not having a moan by any stretch.

If you enter the content not yet read view, then just click the black circle /star (depending on whether you posted in that thread or not) at the start of the post to go to the last read point.

New forum looks great guys, I've not been on for a while and keep trying to log into the forum in tapatalk but says "log in failed, problem with the forum" have I just missed something cause I've not been on for a while or is the no app support for the new forum yet. 

A weakness in Tapatalk is what allowed the malicious attack to happen last month. 

The Team are reluctant to allow Tapatalk as a plug in for that reason. 

We understand the benefits it has (low bandwidth use etc), but as an overall product it is a liability for us. We are still discussing it and will make a decision soon. 

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

If you enter the content not yet read view, then just click the black circle /star (depending on whether you posted in that thread or not) at the start of the post to go to the last read point.

You win the internet today!! Works on mobile too! Happy days :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scobie140 said:

How do you remove an image once you've uploaded it to a post? I just  uploaded the wrong image in a thread and can't see how to delete the attachment so just shrunk it to hide it :wacko:

In the bit at the bottom where you dropped the image to upload it, there should be a little Wastebasket in the corner of the image. Tap it.

6 hours ago, SuperStu said:

In the bit at the bottom where you dropped the image to upload it, there should be a little Wastebasket in the corner of the image. Tap it.

I didn't drag it in to upload it I clicked on the choose files as when I tried to drag it, it just loaded the image up as a web page.

On 08/07/2017 at 13:58, Flex said:

Did some people lose post counts, I'm sure I was on 7.4k and then it dropped by a few hundred. Not that I'm too fussed just out of interest.

When the forum was rebuilt on the New server it does a post recount but takes into account the latest rules. Which means it doesn't count any of your posts in the Welcome sub forum. 

Just now, Lexx said:

When the forum was rebuilt on the New server it does a post recount but takes into account the latest rules. Which means it doesn't count any of your posts in the Welcome sub forum. 

Tight fisted software! :lol: