New forum Bugs and Queries

12 hours ago, Mopedmark said:

Thanks Stu, :thumbs:

Hey Mark.
Settings have been tweaked so you can now load an image direct from phone or computer and it will auto resize it for you and post it.
Only restriction is image must be under 8MB in size initially.

A few observations from me.

the text color is a bit too light and it makes it hard to read, in the same ilk the quoted parts of a message don't really stand out I'd like to see a darker border and darker fill on the quote box heading  i.e -> (13 hours ago , moped mark said)

Most of that is probably due to my sh!t work laptop though....

How do I view my content i.e  anything I'd posted on that someone had replied to I've found content I've posted in - but its blank, is this just due to the transfer and will fill up as I post in the new forum?

7 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Same ...how do I find my content ? 

Thanks 

If you're on Desktop, look to the top left and you should see a column titled Browse, look down this Column for Activity. Under this you should see options for My Activity Streams, click on this and you will get some default choices like Unread Content, Content I Started, Content I Follow, etc. If these don't suffice you can build your own custom queries using the Create New Stream button at the foot of the list.

If you're on Mobile, in the top right you will see 3 horizontal bars, tap them. As above, go to Activity. Under this you should see options for My Activity Streams, click on this and you will get some default choices like Unread Content, Content I Started, Content I Follow, etc. If these don't suffice you can build your own custom queries using the Create New Stream button at the foot of the list.

• Like 3

You won't get many results until the search function finishes indexing.

However, when it's done then clicking 'Content I posted in' will find your stuff. Or you can just use the regular search function too, again when the forum is finished faffing.

57 minutes ago, Ekona said:

You won't get many results until the search function finishes indexing.

However, when it's done then clicking 'Content I posted in' will find your stuff. Or you can just use the regular search function too, again when the forum is finished faffing.

Ok thanks 

49 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Unfortunately that does seem to be the case. 

Okay done some searching.  

Existing threads which were followed when clicking the thread suggests I am following.  When clicking my name at the top and selecting "Manage Followed Content" the old followed item does not appear.

Fix : Locate threads that were previously followed and re-select "follow".  This now falls into the content that I follow correctly.  

It would seem the old followed threads recognises "followers", but hasn't dropped into the followed content correctly.

I've also noticed that headline Forum areas such as "Trading Post" does not allow you to follow (unlike the old setup), but sub sections such as Wanted, For Sale, Swap Shop etc will need to be "followed" separately.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before but what is the total limit on images? I've started to move my photos from PhotoBucket (happy to see the end of them!) but now it says limit is 0.04Mb... I've uploaded less than 10Mb total.

• Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 0.04MB

There is a limit in your personal Gallery. Exact number I can't remember. 

It is unlimited when you are posting in threads. 

The upgrade isn't designed to replace PBas a storage location for your photos. It's to make it as easy as possible for members to upload pictures into threads and posts. 

Navigational question (mobile).

when clicking on a thread which has more than 1 page, it automatically opens on page 1. Even if you have read comments 1-20 for instance. 

Is there a way to click last unread post maybe or skip to last page?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lexx said:

There is a limit in your personal Gallery. Exact number I can't remember. 

It is unlimited when you are posting in threads. 

The upgrade isn't designed to replace PBas a storage location for your photos. It's to make it as easy as possible for members to upload pictures into threads and posts. 

Yer I figured it's a limit of 10 per folder in the gallery. But I'm now talking about photos in threads, if I try to post one here right now it tells me that I can't  "you are only allowed to upload 40.96kb" :wacko:

7 minutes ago, Wasso said:

Navigational question (mobile).

when clicking on a thread which has more than 1 page, it automatically opens on page 1. Even if you have read comments 1-20 for instance. 

Is there a way to click last unread post maybe or skip to last page?

Just click on the last post in the chosen thread in  "unread" and it opens at that last post. :thumbs:

• Like 1