New forum Bugs and Queries

Preview post is back. 

As you type in the box, up at the top right you can see a little magnifying glass over a piece of paper (top right of the edit box). That's the preview post function. 

Noticed that before, but wasn't sure it was doing what I wanted since it was allowing me to do previously impossible stuff without kicking up an error. 

On a related note, it would appear we can now post an unlimited number of videos rather than being limited to 2, and more (all?) image extensions seem to work, whereas before it would refuse Facebook images and jpg-large etc.

:thumbs:

Some requests if possible:

- Delete / lock function for own posts / threads

- Post number of each reply in a thread

- Ability to change # of posts displayed per page

- Different themes instead of blinding white

- Add the Z favicon back

Embedding Facebook videos seems to work, and the preview in the reply box is fine, but if you click preview it breaks.

Edited by Roicey

Fantastic upgrade to the site guys, and the mobile site especially is one of the best I've used!! I would however still like to be able to use tapatalk, it's a fair standard for forums now especially due to its limited data usage compared to full webpages when browsing in slow mobile areas (mainly because I work at sea lol).

1 hour ago, Roicey said:

Noticed that before, but wasn't sure it was doing what I wanted since it was allowing me to do previously impossible stuff without kicking up an error. 

On a related note, it would appear we can now post an unlimited number of videos rather than being limited to 2, and more (all?) image extensions seem to work, whereas before it would refuse Facebook images and jpg-large etc.

:thumbs:

Some requests if possible:

- Delete / lock function for own posts / threads     - No chance. Mods/Admin only I'm afraid.

- Post number of each reply in a thread                  - Done

- Ability to change # of posts displayed per page   - Nope.

- Different themes instead of blinding white           - There will be another Theme or two in the future. But not till I'm happy we're stable

- Add the Z favicon back                                             -  Doing that right now.

Embedding Facebook videos seems to work, and the preview in the reply box is fine, but if you click preview it breaks.

Replied in quote above.

• Like 1

Morning Gang

Now that we're getting somewhat comfortable with the new forum, may I ask that if you've got avatars or signatures which are still dependent on the evil money grabbing swine at PhotoBucket (or are broken for other reasons), please give me a shout and I'll do what I can to help you to fix them.

These generic placeholders

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.20.16.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.19.58.png

look rubbs. amongst all the new shininess.

If you also have guides that suffer from PBs assault on the internet community, and you still have access to the original images, do get in touch. Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Hi guys,

hope this is the right place to ask - feel like I’m being a numpty...

whenever I use the search facility (magnifying glass on top menu) and search for anything, usually more than 1 word, I get 0 search results. It seems that the search facility just doesn’t find posts or threads that I know exist.

Am I doing something wrong? Oh, and I have searched on this issue before you ask - ironically I found 0 results. LOL

thanks

4 minutes ago, EzeePzee said:

Hi guys,

whenever I use the search facility (magnifying glass on top menu) and search for anything, usually more than 1 word, I get 0 search results. It seems that the search facility just doesn’t find posts or threads that I know exist.

Am I doing something wrong? Oh, and I have searched on this issue before you ask - ironically I found 0 results. LOL

thanks

An example: “heat wrap” found 0 results. 

However, upon searching for something else (turbo) which gave search results, then searching for “heat wrap” again found threads and posts!?! Seems odd?

browsing on either chrome, or Apple iPad/iPhone. 

4 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

No, but surely that negates the search feature on the forums anyway - hence my question about the forums search feature :-) 

Having done more testing it appears to be case sensitive too -  “Heat” vs “heat” yielded different results for example. But by default, putting it in upper case initially then adds a “+” between the words when the search results are returned - which also then fails and has to be removed.

Havent seen these issues on other forums I frequent so I thought I’d ask. Thanks.

17 hours ago, EzeePzee said:

Hi guys,

thanks

When you get the blank search results, you'll probably be seeing the search terms you used interspersed with + symbols, replace these with spaces and hit Search Again.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 08.11.47.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 08.12.03.png

Alternatively, when you get zero results, hit the "More search options" button.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 09.32.49.png

Then hit the "Contain any of my search term words" option and "Search Again".

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 09.31.29.png

I've not looked into why this happens, will do when I get time, but for now these workaround will have to do. I'll try and find some time today.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone else get dns issues on this forum? I often find I get an "error, connection closed" message or that the site takes a long time to resolve. 

This is the case with both my mobile provider and my fibre optic ISP. 

On 20/05/2019 at 12:04, Umster said:

Does anyone else get dns issues on this forum? I often find I get an "error, connection closed" message or that the site takes a long time to resolve. 

This is the case with both my mobile provider and my fibre optic ISP. 

Weird that you get it across both providers (unless they are the same organisation?) have you tried changing your DNS?

• 9 months later...
On 17/03/2020 at 19:53, SuperStu said:

Weird, it’s been working of late. I got straight here. Can you clear your browser cache and try again?

I just tried it now and it's working fine.

• Thanks 1