23rd September 2017

davey_83

Anyone that believes it, then any wealth or possessions you have you wont need as you cannot take it with you. Just hand it all over to me on the 22nd, lets see how deep your belief is that its going to happen ;) 

• Like 2

In truth no one knows for sure and it would make sense not to pin all ones hopes said prophecies, hell with all the latest technology in 2017 Carol still can get the weather forecast right for the afternoon. From what I gather although a description of the stars, moon and planets are shown in the Bible, many religious groups aren't on this at all. This topic is not on JW radar and possibly not Christianity as a whole. Via technology we can plot the stars and accurately predict events like solar eclipse to the second. Unless its a con this constellation will happen and it is noted in the Bible which was written circa 3500 years ago. The Bible has been proven to have forecast events in the future with confirmed accuracy ahead of time. Location mentioned in the bible have later been proven to exist.

The Bible, Quran, Mudra, Bandha and such like can be interpreted countless ways. A JW knocked my door Sunday, which tricked me as I knew it to be a Saturday they spread their good word door to door. I had him there for 40mins asking about this topic and many other asking why this?and then well why this? And although in terms of 'a' religion I myself align with JW the most, granted less than 1% worth of reading into other religions but faith is just that, faith.

Religion as a whole can be used to spark personal agendas, like war - I don't like some religious view on gay people (just thinking out loud with no judgement made) from what I gather religion see it as turning away from God. Now of course I understand that its not a progressive way of life and in one generation humanity would be no more. But for example JW see it as turning away willing from GOD, presenting their ideas as its a choice. I don't think its a choice how you are born. Many young people that come out during school or college get tormented for this daily. Why would any choose to put themselves through this if it was a choice?

I myself find the whole topic fascinating and its nice for me to think there's more to what we can see and measure. For me there are bad people that believe in a form of creator, there are bad people that don't. There are good people that believe in a creator, there are good people that don't.

For me, it boils down to this: If you want to be a good person or a bad person, just go ahead and do it. You don't need some unprovable nonsense to justify how you choose to live your life.

If kids weren't indoctrinated by their parents, and only learnt about religion from studies, do you think they would choose to follow? Not aimed at you Davey, just a general question.

I agree with Dan, as mentioned if you live your life in a good way, it doesn't matter if there is a divine being at the end of it. Well kinda...some of them have a need to be believed in, which is kinda needy. Its not like God is singing My Chemical Romance's 'I'm not Okay' because Jay Leahy is an atheist. 

That being said I'll go to Hell, and looking around I'll have some familiar faces with me :lol:

Haha thought provoking at at least.

Religion or not it's concepts of thinking how everything came to be and questioning ones surroundings. Either it's been built or its here today through pure chance without ultimate meaning or direction.

The Bible for example explained the earth to be round long before science had chance to catch up. However of late the thinking is its gone back flat, sooooo funny.

New topic..... Flat earth theory anyone? Lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

The Bible for example explained the earth to be round long before science had chance to catch up. However of late the thinking is its gone back flat, sooooo funny.

When you say it "explained" it, do you mean it just made the claim or there was actually some evidence to it? 

I find it quite surprising given the treatment Galileo got from the Catholic Church for suggesting the Earth wasn't the centre of the universe, based on actual observations, some 1700 years later.

30 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Haha thought provoking at at least.

Religion or not it's concepts of thinking how everything came to be and questioning ones surroundings. Either it's been built or its here today through pure chance without ultimate meaning or direction.

New topic..... Flat earth theory anyone? Lol

Pretty sure the flat earth thing has already been debated here (and generally rightly ridiculed)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Doesn't Hawkins 'A brief history of time' go back to the notion of the divine?  The fact is that we just don't know. Its mind boggling that all this, came from nothing. Where did the particles that caused the big bang originate from?

Edited by Jay84
  • Like 1

I dunno, I'm not really sure it's thought provoking at all. As a child who doesn't know any better then sure, it's amazing, but as a fully grown adult (mostly) with an evolved sense of logic I cannot see religion of any kind as anything other than a piece of fiction with the best PR ever. I find science and how atoms and energy and forces combine to be fascinating and thought provoking, and can spend hours wasting away on Wikipedia researching the history of the universe. Whilst I enjoy the art and romance of religion, I don't take it any more seriously than the latest episode of GoT.

I respect people's rights to believe in whatever they wish, but I can't say that a little bit of me deep down doesn't immediately write someone off intellectually if they're a hardcore believer.

• Like 1

Appreciate replies with thoughts and ideas, great place to vent ideas and gain more info/understanding.

Im getting this twisted im sure haha and like to share ideas, nothing more. The below found online similar to most things these days.

1. The August eclipse occurs exactly 33 days before the Revelation 12 Sign, beginning in the 33rd state (Oregon), and ending in South Carolina at the 33rd parallel.  I've personally verified each of these details (see here, here, and here).  Can you really chalk up the significance of this to pure coincidence or confirmation bias?  It's been noted that an eclipse like this hasn't happened in 99 years.  That would be 3 x 33 years.  What might God be communicating?  One of our readers noticed Ezekiel 33:

The word of the Lord came to me: "Son of man, speak to your people and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not heed the warning and the sword comes and takes their life, their blood will be on their own head. Since they heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, their blood will be on their own head. If they had heeded the warning, they would have saved themselves. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.’ "

Ideas of the second coming, ie Jesus. In numbers which is universal the world over. What number could be used to best hint towards JC? Foot size, house number when on the earth, his favourite number hhmmmmm no. What number could relate to JC and be accessible to everyone in a moment? Age at death maybe?................

But it IS coincidence, nothing else. This kind of stuff has been disproven so many times by psychologists as people making facts fit whatever they want. It's a common thing, like when the sun comes out just as you bury someone or you pray for a sign and the postman knocks at the door. All bobbins.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to be argumentative here directly at you, you're making some excellent arguments and I'm really enjoying this debate. :)

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of looking so hard you find something involved. My SO does the same when she goes through my emails and facebook, I've done nothing wrong (this time) but she always finds something that upsets her, and its always nothing. 

I was going to link christianity to pagansim and the borrowed holidays, but decided id be doing what I hate having done to me. 

So if the 23rd is the second coming, I assume that means we get 33 more years and the 2nd coming will start as a baby. 

I have a phone and a tablet. They have the same apps across the two. I leave the tablet at home. I get why she does, I was a naughty boy one or three times. But now she wants to see if I'm buying car parts as well as talking to other women :lol:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ekona said:

This is why you lock your mobile devices with a passcode ;)

Also, this is why you use a burner phone ;););)

(or so I read on the internet somewhere).

Please can we not use CRFA on the new forum, I don't want this to catch on.

;)