photobucket p500

valy

This really is bad news and a shame the forum took this route from the outset, always going to be a problem when you place stuff in the hands of a third party you have no control over.

Not the forum's fault, it's the fault of individual users.

Don't get me wrong, I use PB too so will have to start using my own hosting more, but I think it's unfair to lay any blame here. If people only uploaded the odd photo here or there it'd be fine, but people (not here in particular) have been spamming the crap out of it with hundreds of thousands of hi-res images.

You cant blame the general public, they're all thick as two short planks.

Forum should raise more money and just pay for hosting & storage.

Simple.

Sounds like you're volunteering the first instalment. B)

Its an interesting idea, depending on how much it costs. If for example it costs each member £10 a year membership to post pictures the whole website will need redoing to allow for paid and non paid member areas. Now I personally would happily pay to be a member, as this is the first completely free forum I've been part of.

The threads is one thing, but its almost more annoying you all have the same signature box now.

How come when a member has clicked on the PB500 link they are now lumbered with a PB image about 3rd party posting that I see is now popping up on here? :angry:

Edit: just spotted djtimo's post No.487 'spammed' by PB - this really does need dealing with: http://www.350z-uk.c...80#entry1742124

Edited by Ebized

You cant blame the general public, they're all thick as two short planks.

Forum should raise more money and just pay for hosting & storage.

Simple.

I don't fancy subsidising the terminally stupid :p

If the club has spare cash to do storage then great, but how do you police it so people don't take the mick? I don't know the answer, hence why it's better/easier just to let everyone sort out their own as has been done for the last 11 years.

Its a shame about photobucket they could simply use adverts , it always was ok before and you only needed to pay originally when you had an awful lot of stuff on there

Its been pretty much unusable for ages anyhow shame really

Its a shame about photobucket they could simply use adverts , it always was ok before and you only needed to pay originally when you had an awful lot of stuff on there

I wonder how much money they'll make from people desperate to get their photos back.

I wonder how much money they'll make from people desperate to get their photos back.

Nothing you can download them

I've found the following:

Storage limits for Free and Pro accounts:

Free accounts are given 2GBs of storage (Plus any additional storage you carried over from the old site). If you require more storage (your account is full) than that, you can upgrade to any of the Plus tiers available. You can read all about what each of those offer here.

I'm at 1.7gb - and my account is active, as well as my hosted links to the forum. I'd check to see if you've exceeded the free 2gb data limit, which can be found under Account Status, Account, which will bring the up the amount of storage used.

Free accounts are given 2GBs of storage (Plus any additional storage you carried over from the old site). If you require more storage (your account is full) than that, you can upgrade to any of the Plus tiers available. You can read all about what each of those offer here.

I'm at 1.7gb - and my account is active, as well as my hosted links to the forum. I'd check to see if you've exceeded the free 2gb data limit, which can be found under Account Status, Account, which will bring the up the amount of storage used.

yes,the storage is free up to 2 gb,the problem is the fact that 3rd party sharing is now charged... Edited by valy
  • Like 1

yes,the storage is free up to 2 gb,the problem is the fact that 3rd party sharing is now charged...

Will see if my photo's disappear over time then.

Due to PB latest change we now recommend that members use Imgur to host photos.

HOWEVER

We are currently working on a more suitable option. We will be making an announcement at the Coventry show (and on the forum itself).

Don't lose faith in us guys!

• Like 3

This really is bad news and a shame the forum took this route from the outset, always going to be a problem when you place stuff in the hands of a third party you have no control over.

Don't get me wrong, I use PB too so will have to start using my own hosting more, but I think it's unfair to lay any blame here. If people only uploaded the odd photo here or there it'd be fine, but people (not here in particular) have been spamming the crap out of it with hundreds of thousands of hi-res images.

Hmmmm, what's that I've just seen, is it an announcement?????

The world loves a smart ass :teeth:
  • Like 1

The world loves a smart ass :teeth:

I dont have a lot of pleasure in my life at the moment, this has meant more to me than finding an unopened galaxy bar in my office draw. :)