Golf R

sipar69

On 7/19/2017 at 17:35, Kev said:

Sounds nice.

I suppose the the added bonus with the 1M is that values are heading one way. They seem to be going the same way a e46 csl's. 

Prices are crazy. 

This was the other thing, as I enjoy a trackday I thought it made a lot more sense to punt a £17K car around than a £35K car thats appreciating all the time. 
Shame, as I actually went to put a deposit on a 1M when they were released, ID have been a lot more comfortable dicking about in it as a "normal" car than the collectors item its become :(

6 hours ago, docwra said:

This was the other thing, as I enjoy a trackday I thought it made a lot more sense to punt a £17K car around than a £35K car thats appreciating all the time. 
Shame, as I actually went to put a deposit on a 1M when they were released, ID have been a lot more comfortable dicking about in it as a "normal" car than the collectors item its become :(

I agree. Track day wouldn't be fun if you were anxious. 

The m2 CS being tested on the Nuremberg currently looks special. Can tell it's got the m3 engine because it keeps "Farting" :) 

Best m2 I've seen is the one at evolve. 

Edited by Kev

I've ordered a m240i manual LCI for September, more everyday friendly than the Cayman I had before and more subtle looking than the M2 suits me.  Got a great deal paying 32k with a few options. Plan is to fit a locking LSD and perhaps the Birds B2 suspension package.

Tried a golf R and it very good, almost too good in some ways.  Ultimately preferred the six pot engine and rear wheel drive with manual box, a combo that won't be around for long.

1 hour ago, zabba said:

I've ordered a m240i manual LCI for September, more everyday friendly than the Cayman I had before and more subtle looking than the M2 suits me.  Got a great deal paying 32k with a few options. Plan is to fit a locking LSD and perhaps the Birds B2 suspension package.

Tried a golf R and it very good, almost too good in some ways.  Ultimately preferred the six pot engine and rear wheel drive with manual box, a combo that won't be around for long.

Sounds good. Congrats.

The rear arches are a bit extreme on the m2 and it sounds angry. I see your point. 

I agree about the golf r. It's so good it's boring.  

Tempting when you live in Manchester though. My roadster comes out about 10 times a year. 

Edited by Kev