Finally a saloon Jag worth having.

Mikevv

I'm not really a fan of the JLR brand, the only ones that appeal to me are the F type and that MUST be a v8, and LR SVR - both their flagships and not a "realistic" car to ever own.

I found the XE a bit crap when comparing it to similarly priced Germans, but that's just my taste....

until this!

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/6/28/Jaguar-XE-SV-Project-8-Unveiled-With-200-000-Price-Tag-7739870/

NSFW - It has a lot of power and might excite you ;)

I don't like the front but the rest is okay, as I say, the Germans do it better.

The wing is a bit marmite, part of me thinks it's a bit much, then the other part of me thinks it suits the "MAD" theme it's got going.

Realistically, these will all be bought and half will be stored, never to drive again, 15 will be crashed/written off by some youngster showing off... maybe 10 will be used for the track/fun driving and the remainder will cruise around not being used for their full purpose....

Normal vents, lose the wing and a realistic price tag- maybe

But when you sit inside a jag it isn't a patch on any of its rivals in terms of build quality. I'd rather have a Vauxhall

But when you sit inside a jag it isn't a patch on any of its rivals in terms of build quality. I'd rather have a Vauxhall

Yeah they arent what they were and the XE is pretty poor imo , my Skoda is nicer inside

Normal vents, lose the wing and a realistic price tag- maybe

Having just googled the new insignia interior... I agree. Jesus Jag. SORT IT OUT.

What do the Germans do better exactly? Bland anodyne Audi dash aside which is to be fair put together nicely has anyone wiggled the vents on a Merc recently. Crap quality.

I don't like the front end of this or the wing and the price tag is mad. You could buy a Tesla and a weekend sports car for that.

I think we seem to be missing the "300 world wide" selling point? To be fair, the M4 GTS is similar, stupid price and not too special. Rather spend my $200k on something fast and purpose built, and then the remaining cash on some fun grocery getter... but then again I don't have $200k so meh.

In the face of all your opinions I've had another look at it. Still kinda like it.

Although it does kinda remind me of that V8 MG thing.

Can you all at least agree it looks better than the new CTR?

• Like 1

In the face of all your opinions I've had another look at it. Still kinda like it.

No can do I'm afriad. I really like the new CTR, well, except the seats, don't like those.

ruf_ctr_2017_05_zps5gywb7lt.jpg

No can do I'm afriad. I really like the new CTR, well, except the seats, don't like those.

ruf_ctr_2017_05_zps5gywb7lt.jpg

This man (sorry, generic internet assumption) has managed to wangle Pork-based product in to a non-Pork thread, I have a new hero! :D

Well played sir, well played.

• Like 2