Were you a kid in the 90s??? You need this!!!

350 Russ

Wasn't allowed a console until i could buy one for myself- no educational value....

Atari 2600 - wooden finish :lol: (technically my dads)

Commodore vic 20

Amstrad CPC6128

Amiga 600

N64

Xbox

Xbox 360

Playstation 3

PC master race

Still got my Atari 2600 setup on a 42" plasma - when games were utterly unforgiving. I remember feigning illness to take a day off school to beat pacman (the original), 999 levels of the same level just got quicker to about level 20 and then 978 levels the same maze, same colour, same speed, when i completed 999 it reset to 1, no ending at all - properly lost it.... :(

Amiga 600. Cannon Fodder. Epic.

"War, never been so much fuuuuuuuuun" what a tune that was

Amiga 600. Cannon Fodder. Epic.

My forum name is sort of derived from Cannon Fodder. Early days of online gaming I typically played as 'Private Pike' (MOHAA mainly) when I switched to console gaming that name had already been taken so my LIVE gamer tag was my school nickname and fodder due to me being rubbish at gaming and the fact I loved the game back in the day.... when it came to the forum I wanted to remain somewhat anonymous so dropped my nickname bit which is basically my surname with 'sey' appended :lol:

Edited due to mistakenly giving out my 'love' gamer tag :surrender:

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Does anyone remember the NeoGeo?

Games were £120 even in the mid 90s!

And wasn't the console £400? Still, arcade perfect versions of SF2 ripoffs :lol:

Roughly! $649 at release. Compared to $189 for the MD.

$1249 in today's money!!

Or 960 quid.

I can see why they didn't sell many, didn't realise it was that much.

MD was £130 + Sonic when I got mine, SNES was £150 + SMW but dropped to £130 to match it. Eventually it was £99 for the console and one controller but no games, for both.

Mental. I wonder why it was so expensive.

The worst console I had and the biggest mistake I made in acquiring it, was the Atari Jaguar.

Being a huge Alien fan, I swapped my Amiga for it so I could play Alien Vs Predator. I had 100s of games for it and traded everything for a Jaguar with ONE game.

Errm I had an Atari with a light gun :)

Then a Sinclair ZX spectrum followed by a Commodore 64.

Then I started working for a living and left the toys behind. My little brother had a Megadrive and would badger me tirelessly to help him collect gold rings, oh joy.

When he did aquire a Nintendo I did secretly enjoy Mario Kart battle mode ;)

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Never been in to PC gaming. Every now and again I'll see a PC game that makes me jealous, but the constantly evolving tech and need for upgrade frightens me. Last PC games I played were Mech warrior 3 and Star Wars x-wing alliance.

You see Zeezee, Ive got old but not grown up, so still have my toys. Multiplayer is good on games and sociable until the fighting starts.

Ahh now when GT came out I reaquired my interest and bought a PS1. Gave up after the PS3 though. Anyway my boy loves gaming he's still got every console made , I kid you not.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Even having to get a license to race was a genius idea on the game. I know its a bit off topic, but Resident Evil 1 on PS1 was a fave of mine and I'd love a remastered version on a modern console.

I always ended up going other peoples house when they had a snes and had the i want what you have jealousy, but i think if I had the nes i'd feel the same about MD's.

Oh wait duck hunt. Duck hunt is the game I always wanted.