Has it been remapped?

4K1R4-350Z

Guys/Gals, maybe a silly noob question but; if you don't ask right..? 😊

Is there anyway to know/find out if your car has been remapped by a previous owner?

Just curious and couldn't find a post relating on google... just pro/con etc to remaps..

As always, your knowledge/experience is very much appreciated!

Y'all the best!

🤘

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are some subtle ways as by all accounts it allows you to rev higher etc. But probably best way to be sure is to contact Abbey, Horsham, TDi-North, RS Tuning to see if they have a record of your car being in.

Thanks Coldel, I'm running a HR so how do I know if it's revving higher.. I mean it revs to redline @ 7500rpm quite readily (& often as the noise is sooooo addictive!! 😉).. Can you elaborate?

I didn't know you could hunt down mapping histories so thanks for this I may just do a little digging!

Much appreciated!

Edited by 4K1R4-350Z

Thanks for the advice guys! Erni902 that'd be awesome I may have to take you up on that!

Hayd350 I have CC yea, would the map selections cancel out the CC controls then??

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys! Erni902 that'd be awesome I may have to take you up on that!

Hayd350 I have CC yea, would the map selections cancel out the CC controls then??

No worries buddy, fire me a PM and we will sort something out

Hi mate, no not cancel them out but the cc buttons are used when selecting the pre loaded maps. So if you were to hold down the right hand top Accel / res button

and hit the cancel button below once, this is map 1, twice cancel button pressed is map 2 etc etc.You'll know if you're selecting maps as a red led will blink on your dash. Once for may one, twice for map 2.

Unless of course your motors been remapped with one single permanent map which of course makes all the above just a nice little story and nothing more.

Hope it helps a bit anyway.

• Like 1