Cheapskate 350Z owner.

Checking in as a new owner of a 350Z. I might have bought the cheapest UK manual on sale at 3300. What could possibly go wrong?!

Well it threw a Mil, a TCS light and the nearside rear bearing on the drive home... And the clutch is paper thin, discs are older than moses and arches are rotten.

I'm planning to tidy it up, make some chassis improvements and have some fun in it.

If I reply slow, it's because my work blocks access here...

Perhaps you should have paid more? Sounds like you are about to spend quite a lot even if you're going to do it yourself.

That said all the best with your journey.

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1

If you are handy with the spanners then you should do some of the work yourself - otherwise this will end up costing you more than a decent example straight up :lol:

Welcome along, lots of great members advice on here and make use of the traders before you go ordering any tat off ebay :thumbs:

• Like 1

Those discs are only 800...

Yep, it's a project, and deliberately so. I didn't buy cheap to save money as such, but because I have more fun in cheap cars. I don't want to worry about a pristine thing, just get in and have some fun.

I'll be DIY all the way. I work for an OEM, so when needed I can access a workshop, but I'll mostly be in my garage.

Sold the car this is replacing today, so shopping for bits soon, tyres, bearings and brakes. Maybe a rowdy filter.