Hsd dualtechs rear adjustment

Rshep1

I'm setting up my hsd dts and on the rear I'm unsure of how far to wing the shock into the cup. I've seen on previous posts that it's 25mm + how much you've lowered the spring cup but when set to that there looks like barely any travel in the shock.

All advice appreciated chaps ðŸ‘

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

You need to set the ride height you want with the spring then have the shock loose when the suspension has weight on it (wheels back on and lower them onto bricks or something solid) mark that loose point on the shock adjustment the wheels back off and add your 25mm preload I.e extend the shock so it is forcing the hub assembly down. It can be footery and involve a lot of jacking up and down. Just make sure the car is never going to fall on you if you are underneath checking.

Or put two jacks under each rear spring arm to take the cars weight, this allows for easier and quicker adjusting but have lots of backup axle stands or bricks to stop the car possibly falling on you.

I use a trolley jack off the diff, two axle stands under the sills for protection and two scissor jacks under the spring bucket arms to take the weight so you can then find out at what point the shocks are loose (easily to extend or retract height wise) mark that point then remove the scissor jacks and set the shock height.

Then once you think you have it sorted and the cars safely back on the ground wheels on it settles out and you have to start again lol.