Carbon Fibre Mines Style Lip

reeceybeaney

Since ripping the carbon fibre nismo lip off my z, I've been constantly asking myself if it was the right thing to do :lol:

Has anyone had any bits from a company called Grams Styling? I'm looking at the carbon mines style lip as it doesn't look like it is as low as a nismo one, which I cracked... would like to hear some thoughts and opinions :thumbs:

http://www.gramsstyling.co.uk/shop-2/nissan-350z-mines-style-front-lip-splitter/

20170319_165118_zpslk0j44gd.jpg

The Mines style isn't as low as the nismo. The picture in the link you've posted shows a facelift and they're slightly different shaped bumpers, you'll need to specify pre '06 when ordering. Not had experience of Grams though so can't help you there. Tarmac Sportz do the poly lips in pre, and facelifted shapes you could get wrapped, and their service is excellent. I had a Nismo shaped lip wrapped with no issues.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for reviving a thread from the dead.

Just wanted to say that I have bought the carbon fibre mines style front splitter from Grams Styling. Hopefully I can save you before you buy it. I sent back my first one because it had so many imperfections, dents, scratches, broken corner and the carbon pattern distorted in the middle (hard to miss).

But the main thing was that it didn't fit the bumper especially around the curves on the sides it had massive gaps. Plus it didnt reach the grill it just stopped halfway and that part hadn't been cut straight so visually stuck out a mile. When I queried about that they said they all are like that and you just paint it black, even though the pictures I sent them clearly showed my 350z as being black and painting a gap doesn't fill it.

Anyway they said they had revised the splitter, but I didnt want it if it was anything like the first, they assured me it wouldn't be.

The second one is just as bad and after a sarcastic email from them after I said I just want to post it back for a refund. I then thought I would have problems getting my money back, so I am going up to them with the splitter to show them how bad it is. Just waiting for them to get back to me with their opening times as their website doesn't have a contact number.  

I can't post pictures for some reason but they didn't really show how bad it was anyway.  

That really is quite worrying as a family member may be buying this particular lip for Xmas for me!:mellow: think it's cheeky how on the advert they express how they've tested their products on so many cars etc...

Hope it all turn out okay!

Edited by reeceybeaney
Removal of link posted twice

Got it to upload. Just some of the pictures of the imperfections and fitment problems. Bear in mind that in the pictures it doesn't look half a bad as what it did in real life. 

I know what you mean about cheeky. They paint a perfect picture of how their products are "amazing quality" and made with the "highest precision".:lol:

They seem like a fairly new company that is all over the web on Google and ebay when you look for carbon parts or body kits for quite a few different cars. I think a lot of people are going to be caught out.

The only thing is where to get a good mines style carbon fibre splitter without paying for more than what the cars worth:dry: 

Anyway hope it helps. 

DSC_0724.thumb.JPG.d968ba2cfec2995b499e99ff3876477d.JPGDSC_0723.thumb.JPG.cf872c5f0cac6f002766f9fb47910ba8.JPGDSC_0711.thumb.JPG.8a086bcdd67833d5c3bf24a8d807d9db.JPGDSC_0717.thumb.JPG.5814af62de0878a72b908d8c53436ed3.JPGDSC_0720.thumb.JPG.e1dc4a260a9ce3c8794bb03968236f03.JPGDSC_0714.thumb.JPG.51a2116f53b338063f3e8f0a8fab7ae9.JPGDSC_0721.thumb.JPG.147676fd0748e45f81f1e0852a4925d2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 17:45, Hot Crackers said:

Got it to upload. Just some of the pictures of the imperfections and fitment problems. Bear in mind that in the pictures it doesn't look half a bad as what it did in real life. 

I know what you mean about cheeky. They paint a perfect picture of how their products are "amazing quality" and made with the "highest precision".:lol:

They seem like a fairly new company that is all over the web on Google and ebay when you look for carbon parts or body kits for quite a few different cars. I think a lot of people are going to be caught out.

The only thing is where to get a good mines style carbon fibre splitter without paying for more than what the cars worth:dry: 

Anyway hope it helps. 

DSC_0724.thumb.JPG.d968ba2cfec2995b499e99ff3876477d.JPGDSC_0723.thumb.JPG.cf872c5f0cac6f002766f9fb47910ba8.JPGDSC_0711.thumb.JPG.8a086bcdd67833d5c3bf24a8d807d9db.JPGDSC_0717.thumb.JPG.5814af62de0878a72b908d8c53436ed3.JPGDSC_0720.thumb.JPG.e1dc4a260a9ce3c8794bb03968236f03.JPGDSC_0714.thumb.JPG.51a2116f53b338063f3e8f0a8fab7ae9.JPGDSC_0721.thumb.JPG.147676fd0748e45f81f1e0852a4925d2.JPG

I can now solve this thread as I received a carbon mines lip from Grams Styling yesterday and it fit like a glove! 

I had low expectations after seeing this post above, I may have got lucky but I received an excellent product and service.

The order was placed at the start of December and was told that the first splitter that was manufactured had too many imperfections and they were not happy. Consequently they made another splitter ensuring this next one was up to standards. Although the product was received 2/3 weeks after order date, the product itself was great and I'd rather wait a bit longer for a better product :)

I hope everyone else's experience with grams styling is as good, as I have no negative experience from this purchase!

20171229_173326.jpg

20171229_173333.jpg

20171230_112057.jpg

1 minute ago, Mik Du said:

How did you attach it?  I've got a mines style lip waiting to go on and I just wondered what the best way to fit it is? I'm sure many of you have some top tips. 

I said on my build thread :thumbs:

2 self tappers and silicone was all it needed as the fit was spot on!

On 31/12/2017 at 18:16, reeceybeaney said:

I can now solve this thread as I received a carbon mines lip from Grams Styling yesterday and it fit like a glove! 

I had low expectations after seeing this post above, I may have got lucky but I received an excellent product and service.

The order was placed at the start of December and was told that the first splitter that was manufactured had too many imperfections and they were not happy. Consequently they made another splitter ensuring this next one was up to standards. Although the product was received 2/3 weeks after order date, the product itself was great and I'd rather wait a bit longer for a better product :)

I hope everyone else's experience with grams styling is as good, as I have no negative experience from this purchase!

20171229_173326.jpg

20171229_173333.jpg

20171230_112057.jpg

I'm very glad for you.... :dry:. No seriously I am pleased for you. I don't know why my two were so bad, it just proves not to go solely on others experiences! 

I can't believe how well it fits on yours, and it looks like you have no imperfections either. Anyway looks good! :thumbs:

On 01/01/2018 at 09:27, Payco said:

For the record the  Mines copy from RT Performance on here fits like a glove.

Yea. Lip from RTP fits VERY well, basically clipped into place straight out of the box. A couple of self tappers and some 10kg mounting tape later... IMG_20180113_165459_822.jpg.551b98c3aedc0e9639710aa611b1ac04.jpg

IMG_20180113_165459_823.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah it does look nice!

I would be very tempted to get one the only problem is, I have carbon side skirts so black would not look good but I am debating whether or not to just get rid of the side skirts and get the mines lip from RT performance as I don't think a car with just side skirts looks right. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/01/2018 at 16:43, Hot Crackers said:

Yeah it does look nice!

I would be very tempted to get one the only problem is, I have carbon side skirts so black would not look good but I am debating whether or not to just get rid of the side skirts and get the mines lip from RT performance as I don't think a car with just side skirts looks right. 

The one from RT is carbon, so will match your side skirts. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2018 at 16:43, Hot Crackers said:

Yeah it does look nice!

I'll have your carbon side steps if you're outing them ;)

On 20/04/2018 at 23:42, Darkside said:

The one from RT is carbon, so will match your side skirts. 

3 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

I'll have your carbon side steps if you're outing them ;)

Oh I didn't realise the one from RT is carbon, thanks for the advice.

I decided to fit them anyway with a little persuasion. But I may still be taking them off to sell the car so they might be up for grabs. 

• 1 month later...

Nope nothing like that. 

If it's a good fit they latch on quite nicely. As mentioned above self tapping screws for the sides in the wheel arch and some adhesive for the middle. I would use tiger seal, you'll never get it off using that stuff! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1