Santa Pod Quarter Mile Times

fishfire

Went to santa pod at the weekend for the classic and retro event,and was great fun!

While I was there I thought I'd see what the 350z would do down the timed 1/4 mile Run What You Bring. Results as follows:

1st run 14.75 seconds terminal speed 97.33

2nd run 14.74 seconds terminal speed 98.82

The Z made a nice noise and was consistent but not exactly blistering quick.

To put those times into perspective, a standard lardy Merc cdi diesel thing put in the same times as me, and I had my arse handed to me by a tricked out Fiat Punto GT (12.3 seconds!!).

I'm getting a Supra 😉

Should be in the 13's really but I've said before the 350z isnt that easy to get off the line

Had two good smooth starts tbh. Reaction time was 0.3 seconds.

She's just a big girl.

A friend described my 350z as being like a rotund girl: they try really hard but they're just not that good

😂

• Like 1

Always see info (usually US sites) saying Zed can do 13 odds but it would have to be PERFECT conditions lol. I'd say at best for most drivers your looking at very late 13's low 14's.

Quickest I've ever had out my HR was a 14.3 @ 103 (I've decided to retire it's 1/4 days after 5 yrs on the trot, it's done well, beating most stuff it raced - Except Kris's TTS... just incase hes watching from the shadows! :lol: )

Edited by AMT

And on topic sure I've saw Z's run high 13's before. What does the 370Z run?

You can get into the 12's with the 370z , some in the US have managed it, I ran a best of 13.3 at around 108 in my old one iirc

OP what was your 60ft , thats what matters, should be around 2.00 , reckon you are about 2.4

Decent tyres like MPSS , lower the pressure by 5-7psi will make a difference

Reaction times have no effect on the 1/4 times much better to concentrate on the launch and get things right

You can get into the 12's with the 370z , some in the US have managed it, I ran a best of 13.3 at around 108 in my old one iirc

OP what was your 60ft , thats what matters, should be around 2.00 , reckon you are about 2.4

Reaction times have no effect on the 1/4 times much better to concentrate on the launch and get things right

60ft 2.4659

330ft 6.4814

1/8 9.7257

1/4 14.7568

Tyres were losing traction on every change.

I got good launches, with decent grip it might have shaved that 0.75 off.....maybe

60ft 2.4659

330ft 6.4814

1/8 9.7257

1/4 14.7568

I got good launches, with decent grip it might have shaved that 0.75 off.....maybe

I got good launches

2.4 isnt a good launch and losing traction is where your times are going , better tyres would help no doubt

Quickest I've ever had out my HR was a 14.3 @ 103 (I've decided to retire it's 1/4 days after 5 yrs on the trot, it's done well, beating most stuff it raced - Except Kris's TTS... just incase hes watching from the shadows! :lol: )

Beat most things? What about the stock DE that kept beating you? :lol: never going to let you live that down haha. But yeah it showed that it's all in the launch, because I had good consistent launches I was pulling a good few car lengths on you from the start. It's weird that now I have alot more power that the times haven't shown it alot due to the excess wheelspin even with the welded diff. Not to mention crails surface is shocking. I'd like a go at the pod but it's just too far away for a bit of fun

Edited by The Chubby Ninja

^ it is possible to get over the line first (win race), yet with a slower 1/4 mile time.................................

Yep is called a "holeshot" the clocks only start when the cars leaves the line , not when the green light comes on . RWYB isnt racing there is no difference between winning and losing , there are no prizes at the end , its only about running the best time you can

13.7 @ 102 is my PB at pod

Edit stand corrected it was 101

19402707_10159181591140508_543114824_o.jpg?oh=3c29d8fcfc285954e675563bbf4e3fff&oe=594D0C02

What mods were you running at the time?

275 mpss

2 way diff

cat back exhaust

everything else would have slowed it down

had i have had it stripped out a bit more lightweight wheels and a less less dodgy gearbox i reckon a 13.5/6 was possible on that day

Haha yeah Steve I know! Took a while for me to be convinced to get the traction off aswell and get practicing with it! So yeah besides your Zed and the TTS and the odd stupid S3's :lol: Think the first time I went I won 1 out of 5 or 7 races, then after that i was always 5-6 out of 7, so its done well. I def fancy an auto/paddle set up for its replacement but were a while away from that now it seems (and no not an Audi!)

And referencing the comment earlier.... yeah, to hell with the reaction. I always nursed the clutch in, never banging it through, then just powered the thing up the line...POOOWERRRRR!!! :lol:

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1