PART EXCHANGE PRICE ?

JEMAN

Hi guys.....was looking at P/X my 2003 Z for a Audi TT thats just under 10k........Thing is i find dealers arnt really interested......so how much would you let it go for ? 59K on the clock and immaculate condition.....sunset orange with the tan seats.......i was offered 4.5k and the dealer said it was a stunning example...............so is that a fair p/x price.....i did push for 5k but he wasn't budging, so ive walked

Cheers Guys

Mark

For 5k you could shift it private quite quick tbh, depends how fast you need rid of it. If you can afford to wait a few weeks advertise it here with a good description and photos, pop it on ebay with a link to this site/the thread can only help with the sale.

If you need it gone soon then take the 4.5k and move on.

GLWTS :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys for the advice........I may sell private to see if I can get a little more..........now thinking about a VX220 as I still want something a bit different.  The Z is a great car and still gets attention, but I kinda fancy a change......ill keep you guys posted  :)

Cheers

Mark

VX220 is a fantastic piece of kit and a whole new driving experience. Just make sure not to listen to sellers who say the 'bubbling on the paintwork is an easy fix couple of hundred quid' because it certainly isn't! It means damp in the fibreglass and it will never go away no matter how many times you repaint it ;)

On 6/18/2017 at 7:39 PM, G1en said:

Seems about right to me on the face of it. You would prob get 5.5 to 6k private sale but a dealer is never gonna give you that as we know.

^^ This but I'd say with a private sale you might get close to £6.5K-7K with that mileage if the car is mint and the buyer really wants it. G1en's price is more realistic though I'd say. ;)  

Dealers wouldn't be dealers if they didn't offer you the absolute lowest. You know they'll stick a £2K price hike on your car once it's out on their lot. 

To be fair to dealers though, they a) have to actually make a profit to live, B ) have to cover premises and staff and all the other costs of running a business and c) have to be there to rectify faults etc at their cost.

You'd be surprised at how little a dealer typically makes on normal second hand cars. There's almost always some refurb/repair work to be done..

That said, they will naturally start low, as would anyone buying your car.

• Like 1