350z Rear Camber Arms And Toe Bolts.

Wilki90

Hello everyone I apologise if this is a repeated topic but I can't find the info i'm looking for. I have recently had my 05 350z lowered by 30mm on Eibach springs and 25mm spacers all around. The rear camber and toe is out by factory specs so I need to purchase rear camber arms but not sure which brand, I have been looking at the SPC and Eibach rear camber arms but I am not sure what comes in the box and if any modifications need to be done other than a bolt on job. As well do they come with anything to get the toe back in check or will just fitting the camber arms sort the toe out? Many thanks :)

I have had this done. Adjustable camber arms are a doddle. They just replace the standard arm but have an adjustable thread and nuts to lengthen/shorten the arm to increase or decrease the camber. The adjustable toe bolts replace the standard toe bolts but the hole they fit into needs ro be elongated to allow the extra adjustment of the new bolts. This requires shaving/grinding/filing the alloy in an area with not great accesabillity.

It can be done at home but allow more time than you think. I had them fitted at same place that did the slignment/geo setup for obvious reasons and the guy used his air tool (dremel type machine) and went through about 6/7 bits making the holes bigger and took him about an hour just for that.

For reference i got the eibach set as all my other suspension stuff is eibach, cost is in region of £150-£200 for the camber arms and toe bolts.

You can see in pic below. The camber arms are centre right (black) and the toe bolts top left (shiny)

7A481662-B2D4-4FFD-B54E-2DBADAFC2E15_zpsdw1iqwoh.jpg

Are the camber arms Eibach or SPC wasn't sure? And will just fitting the camber arms help with toe or will you still have to enlarge the toe holes and fit the toe bolts that i'm guessing come in the box.

Edited by Wilki90

Mine are eibach and no the camber arms dont adjust the toe (well they may as everything is connected but it would be uncontrolable) the adj toe bolts in the kits are needed to get back to factory specs when lowered.

Best to fit adjustable rear toe and adjustable rear camber arms.

Eibach and SPC are the same brand.

You don't mention any issues with the front camber ????

Once you have fitted the adjustable arms you will require a full 4 wheel geometry check and adjust.

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1

Are the camber arms Eibach or SPC wasn't sure? And will just fitting the camber arms help with toe or will you still have to enlarge the toe holes and fit the toe bolts that i'm guessing come in the box.

SPC = Eibach, same company, just different brand.

You can get the bolts for the toe, see here:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/arms-links/762-350z-eibach-pro-alignment-rear-toe-only-adjustment-kit-572055k.html

You don't need to change the toe arms, unless you go true coilovers, basically getting rid of the buckets that hold the separate springs in the 350z and 370z. In your case, with Eibach springs only, new toe arms are not required.

Best with adjustable toe arms as saves flaffing about drilling and elongating bolt holes.

Do it right, do it once.

Once you have replaced the arms remember and fit lock out plates.

Simply fit and forget. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I carnt fit adjustable toe arms because I don't have coilovers I only have lowering springs. Thanks G1en it's annoying that Eibach doesn't say that you need to make modifications to make the toe bolts fit like SPC does on the description. I have had a full alignment and the front toe is perfect but the camber is off slightly but want to concentrate on the rear first, If I new that I would of had to spend £500+ on parts alone just to get the front and rear camber and toe back to spec for a £200 set of lowering springs I wouldn't of bothered. I just wish there was a way of sorting out the rear toe without drilling holes.

Edited by Wilki90

I think that you are getting confused between rear coil overs and true rear coil overs.

Also, once you get the rear back into spec then you will find that the front camber may be outwith spec as it will have "moved" when you adjust the rear.

If you want a cheap fix, remove and sell the Eibach springs and fit Tein as you will have less of a drop but without the adjustment issues.

Edited by ZMANALEX

The rear shock and damper is separate, The spring sits in the OEM Rear Toe Arm Spring Seat which I thought adjusted the toe, The only way I thought I could get rid of this would be to fit a set of coilovers and that would allow me to fit adjustable rear toe arms. I had no idea that the front and rear camber was connected which every adjustment affected the front and rear.

Edited by Wilki90

• 3 months later...

Just like to add to this-

I've lowered my v35  and going to fit -

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/arms-links/762-350z-eibach-pro-alignment-rear-camber-and-toe-bolt-kit-572055k.html

Also if you adjust the toe it adjusts both toe and camber and the same with the camber. To set toe or camber both bolts have to be carefully adjusted.