Cray Z 2017 Nismo - Brand Spankers!

Cray Z

So as some of you know I bought my lovely black 2017 nismo about a month back.

Two days after buying it i got ill.. So much so that i couldn't even wash it!

I also have a 200sx and an Mr2. I was dubious about buying the 370 as the 200 is actually faster on paper. However after test driving the 370.. totally different car!! In a good way!

So last year I signed up for one and it arrived in March, although I had it registered in April so that it falls in the new tax band ;)

Anyway.. a few shotsd73fa4a533bb0c459a5f273b2ec9de38.jpgeccbfd852ff10ed6a027d18e8eb2d8e6.jpg596b82774f926e8aaa74ade1f6658cef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So today after nearly 2 months of having the car, I had it washed and went over it with detailing spray to get rid of the water marks. Then my first mod happened..

dccd7fc4cb988418af0546d6f94bcf00.jpgd53813ffababf22fb73c2a5ef8b7249e.jpg70c81504a96f1f385dccee06fbce6962.jpgd957bd54681f5c98f35dd8112240dbe4.jpg

Lovely! However check for the shipping spacers attached to your front springs. Full lock the car and stick your head in, 9/10 the clips are left on the springs and you'll see them

I raised it with the dealers u bought it from. He said the mechanics were aware and have removed them as someone had an accident as a result of them being left on :o

Might double check anyway.

Looks great,pick mine up in August.Any mod plans ?.

Cool.. you must be well looking forward to it!

I think the only mod I have in mind at the moment is a turbo or supercharger kit. But won't be touching it mechanically (in terms of mods) for its warranty period.

Normally the first mod would be a cat back and or HFC. That'll make the exhaust sound much better. I myself have a GT Edition 370z but I've put genuine nismo kit on it, so it looks similar to yours excluding the wheels and spoiler - and mine is white. I think they're the best looking car under 30 grand but it's once you start modifying them, they become considerably faster and sound much better. But if you want to strictly honour the warranty then you're limited. Personally I'd skill upgrade the exhaust system etc and swap back to OEM parts if it requires warranty work. But that's up to you ;)

Great car abyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nub

Normally the first mod would be a cat back and or HFC. That'll make the exhaust sound much better. I myself have a GT Edition 370z but I've put genuine nismo kit on it, so it looks similar to yours excluding the wheels and spoiler - and mine is white. I think they're the best looking car under 30 grand but it's once you start modifying them, they become considerably faster and sound much better. But if you want to strictly honour the warranty then you're limited. Personally I'd skill upgrade the exhaust system etc and swap back to OEM parts if it requires warranty work. But that's up to you ;)

Great car abyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Nub, stop it!!! Lol! I am using the warranty as an excuse not to spend money on it Lol!!!

I have lots of work planned on the 200sx and mr2 so trying to leave the 370 stock for now :p

Are there any power gains to be had with the exhaust?

Oh and it is VERY good looking. Not to mention rare. I ain't seen another on the road since I got mine!

I have nick named it bulldog! Just needs a collar Lol!

I've had mine since April 13th, only just hit 1100 miles in it yesterday. Still love the car.

I was told by Nissan not to go over 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles... I couldn't take it anymore. I managed 450 odd before it drove me mad. then did the remaining 500 odd miles below 6000 rpm, and now its hit 1000 I feel its okay to use the full powerband, rarely do I bother because up to 6k is enough :)

Also, your seat MIGHT creak and crack all over, mine did for a while then it stopped. Foolishly I moved the seat as I dropped something down the side, and now it creaks again....Other than that I can't give any other pointers apart from enjoy :)

I've had mine since April 13th, only just hit 1100 miles in it yesterday. Still love the car.

I was told by Nissan not to go over 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles... I couldn't take it anymore. I managed 450 odd before it drove me mad. then did the remaining 500 odd miles below 6000 rpm, and now its hit 1000 I feel its okay to use the full powerband, rarely do I bother because up to 6k is enough :)

Also, your seat MIGHT creak and crack all over, mine did for a while then it stopped. Foolishly I moved the seat as I dropped something down the side, and now it creaks again....Other than that I can't give any other pointers apart from enjoy :)

I am still pootling mine around upto 4k, so many people try it on, and i am particularly resentful when its an Audi driver and i can't do anything :( I am not even at 200 miles yet :yawn:

I haven't really noticed any creaking from the seat, but then i haven't moved it apart from adjusting the knobby bits lol!

I have noticed a rattle from somewhere in the boot, i think its the blind/shade/parcel shelf thing, but i am not "that" bothered by it to even check.

the only other niggle is the noise it makes when you disengage 1st gear quickly when moving slowly. It makes a clunky sound, which is apparently a characteristic of the Nismo.

Apart from that, its a real head turner, since i have bought it, i have not seen another on the road.

I am still pootling mine around upto 4k, so many people try it on, and i am particularly resentful when its an Audi driver and i can't do anything :( I am not even at 200 miles yet :yawn:

I haven't really noticed any creaking from the seat, but then i haven't moved it apart from adjusting the knobby bits lol!

I have noticed a rattle from somewhere in the boot, i think its the blind/shade/parcel shelf thing, but i am not "that" bothered by it to even check.

the only other niggle is the noise it makes when you disengage 1st gear quickly when moving slowly. It makes a clunky sound, which is apparently a characteristic of the Nismo.

Apart from that, its a real head turner, since i have bought it, i have not seen another on the road.

Yeah that rattle irritates me around town, but then I turn the radio on and its gone :) Can't hear it at higher speeds say 50 or higher.

Be glad you haven't gone higher, since I can now go more than 5k RPM, which only really happens on a slip road, I have average 21mpg hahaha, before that I got high 20s :p Just can't keep out of the loud pedal once its nice and warm/hot.. oil has to be at least 90 or higher before I'll take her above 5k, highest the oils gotten is about 95 and then I decided to let her cool off a bit :)

Oh and be careful with the soft as butter wheels, I have scratched the diamond cut by washing it with a wheel brush... Only on one part between spokes, but still its god damned ugly. Thinking of plastidipping them black now :S

Yeah that rattle irritates me around town, but then I turn the radio on and its gone :) Can't hear it at higher speeds say 50 or higher.

Be glad you haven't gone higher, since I can now go more than 5k RPM, which only really happens on a slip road, I have average 21mpg hahaha, before that I got high 20s :p Just can't keep out of the loud pedal once its nice and warm/hot.. oil has to be at least 90 or higher before I'll take her above 5k, highest the oils gotten is about 95 and then I decided to let her cool off a bit :)

Oh, its probably a blessing in disguise, i will be having a blast at every opportunity i get once i let let break in. You have to remember that i have a MR2 which is VVTI and a 200sx, both like to rev, MR2 comes to life at 4k, 200sx at 3k :D

Oh and be careful with the soft as butter wheels, I have scratched the diamond cut by washing it with a wheel brush... Only on one part between spokes, but still its god damned ugly. Thinking of plastidipping them black now :S

Ah, i read this somewhere, was probably your post. I will have to be ultra careful. You sure its not just the lacquer? I was told by the dealer to be ultra careful with the paint as it doesn't fully harden for something like 12 months, as it is water based :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't been on this forum for a while now, predominantly as it doesn't work with tapatalk!

Some little updates, the car is now at 800 miles and i have given it a rev to 6k, what a difference!!

Some negatives i have noticed:

The wheels tend to want to try and follow the road, which means you need to battle with the steering sometimes.  I thought something was wrong with the car to begin with, but realised its a trait of the car having 245 wide wheels on the front.  I have 245 on the rear of the 200sx lol!!

The boot don't open first time every time, but i found a good fix for it, so will be doing this:

and finally the visibility is a bit of a nightmare, when taking certain right turns you are forced to take them blind as you can't see anything from the big blind spot behind you!!

Its still a great car and i do like it, i just wish it was a little more agile.  One thing i do like is the juke box, cool touch! and the maps, the way it tells you there is a speed camera in "300 Yds" even when you are not navigating ;)