Purchasing Coilovers on payday...

Olly350z

Im looking to buy coilovers on payday, pretty much decided on a brand, Jerricks at Meister R :) Used his coilovers for years on the civic and had nothing but good things to say, so I figure go with what you know! They also retain the OEM setup with the bucket spring

I have a few question's though. When it comes to lowering, how exactly does that work at the back? Is the height adjusted by the spring or is it at the shock?

From reading various bits online, it would seem 25mm is the max before needing camber arms, and even that is pushing it. I know I'll need these for the perfect GEO but all in time.

What should I have ideally with the coilovers to go on? Am I right in saying the toe bolts can be a pain coming undone? Any problem areas to watch out for when fitting?

Thanks in advance :)

Be sure to get the damper adjustment extenders also for the rears. Yes right height adjusted from the springs rear, not dampers as per the front.

Also had a set of MeisterR from Jerrick on a previous car *Almera GTi - loved em.

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember to keep the rake ratio between front and rear (so rear slightly higher) close-ish to stock.

FSM 2004

FSU Page 21

Coupe

Front: 683mm

Rear: 706mm

(Difference of 23mm)

That's from the ground to the wheel arch.