Tein Springs - Rear High

jamiebridge

Does anyone else find that the Tein springs are an odd setup, my fronts look perfect, but my backs look like a monster truck compared.

Are they 14mm rear - 17mm front, as thats the maximum setup without having to buy camber arms and bolts?

Thinking about getting some 20mm just for the backs to even it all up.

Just out of interest Jamie, how long have you been running them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were on the car when i bought it from the previous owner, so no idea. I have inspected them though and they are in very good condition, it also just passed its MOT and im sure if there was an issue it would have been flagged then.

This is how mine looks (it doesnt look bad, just wish it was a tad lower):

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Standard Tein setup. Rear wheel drive though so when the hammer goes down it beds down at the rear. If you level it off it'll bed down and then the front will be higher

which kinda looks a bit gash.

I had my brother do a drive by so i could check it out in motion, there's also a video of me on youtube leaving Cars in the park so whenever i feel it needs to be lower i just watch that video and i leave it as is.

If in doubt, get a pal to do a drive by, that's kinda my advice but i think your set up works well.

• Like 1

Completely normal for the teins to be a little higher on the back. I would be cautious about mixing spring types and just replacing the rears with a 20mm drop - it could lead to unpredictable handling as the setup would be completely untested

• Like 1

They were on the car when i bought it from the previous owner, so no idea. I have inspected them though and they are in very good condition, it also just passed its MOT and im sure if there was an issue it would have been flagged then.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

not sure if its the camera or just the way the wheels are, but they are 18" rims right?

Full_Size_Render.jpg

not sure if its the camera or just the way the wheels are, but they are 18" rims right?

Yes 18's, read gtr-d - front gtr

Fitted mine a week or so ago, have definitely settled since, its a nice little drop if you cant afford/just don't want or need to go straight down the coilovers route.. and I dunno if it's just me but I feel it's totally transformed the handling! Maybe the previous owner (since I've only had her a month) had it setup for a drop and just put the factory springs back on for sale; but the understeer I was experiencing previously hitting a sharp turn with gusto has halfed at the very least..same to be said for body roll, car definitely rides flatter, firmer and generally feels more planted! Couple shots for you of before/after (can't embed from my phone as far as I know but I'm sure you'll see which is which!)

Ps. Losing the wheels soon they're not exactly to my taste!!) B)c64e3312428bb47d931cfe629ceb5465.jpg2f0ccbc91281db9b0b94d684fed191bd.jpgcf357e00b425fd7b75d0eddaf57f0fa7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2017 at 10:45, Andy_Muxlow said:

9d3740cd9b7e391b8f24c0fb49d8f055.jpg

Mine is on teins also 275/40/18 rears and they look good, not a lot of gap at the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using a hammer and chisel

Did you need your arches rolled? I have 265/40, cheers

I think my rear left spring has snapped as when cleaning the car today realised I can get my hand between the tyre and the arch easy one side but not the other! I recently fitted 25/30 spacers to standard suspension and stabnard Rays wheels which looks and fits fantastic but il'm not sure if the Tein springs will cause rubbing on the rears, anyone using 30mm spacers on the rear with Tein springs? I dont mind having the rear arches rolled if i need to but also concidering getting new wheels in the not too distant future. #decisonsdecisions!